Tattoos on Video

Hello,

I found this pretty cool stop motion video in three parts on youtube for a half sleeve 'nerd' tattoo described as follows:

Dabe Alan Photography | Portland Oregon based Commercial, Music, Skateboard, Wedding, and Portrait Photographer

So after a long-while of me trying to hog traffic over to my flickr account, I decided to finally post my tattoo stop-motion video to youtube. The tattoo is taking longer than anticipated to finish so I've decided to post it up here for more people to see while I get work done on it.

From my flickr that day:

So with the help of Tony Touch, I am getting an awesome Nerd sleeve worked on whenever I go visit Toledo. We decided to roll with an evolution of cameras at first, then more nerdy references above.

Tony got the idea from another artist to do a stop-motion video where it looks like the tattoo does itself. I brought in a single alienbee and softbox, plus my handy new remote, and we got to it.

Hopefully we'll do this for the entire arm. I'd love to have that kind of record of progress on this :)

Since everyone is asking, some things about the tattoo:

-The actual time of the sitting was 4 hours

-This video is comprised out of 1054 shots

-"ROZWÓJ" is Polish for "development"

-The numbers on the film canister reflect the date I took my first serious photograph

-Yes, the film is 35mm, but it's not going into any of the cameras, just wrapping around. I'm well aware that it looks odd having it next to medium format cameras, but it will make sense when the rest of the sleeve is completed. :)

Song: Helen of Troy by Telefon Tel Aviv

5d Mark ii

24-70mm f2.8

Final Cut Pro

Flickr: Dabe Alan | www.dabealan.com's Photostream

*I didn't want to just do a one-off thread, so thought to just title it 'Tattoos on Video' so other people might want to post similar videos, if they like. I am not sure, but I do not think it has any real 'how-to' applications to it.

If so, apologies and please feel free to remove.