I did this walk-in last night, he wanted a pinup with "some herbage" incorporated into it.

I put skin tone in the pinup coming off the black, but it didn't show up in the picture too well. I'm still trying to get my pinup shading on-point, I feel like it's always lacking, but I guess less is more sometimes??

Aight here is what I see... the hand looks off. like too small for the body. i might have done the fingers straightened out with the joint in between the fingers. i would have hid the boob behind the arm as well. the anatomy is just a little off here and there... nothing super bad. she defiantly has some junk in the trunk haha. try shading pinups out with light or diluted brown. or even flesh tone and light pink. i normally dont use black unless it would be a really dark shadow spot, and even then i dont use much at all. thats what i see.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the ass location. It's purposefully exaggerated and shows off the legs and is the style you're going for and totally works. The boob though is almost at her shoulder and kinda weirds me out imagining that haha

• 1 year later...

Just a note on the comments about the boob, in real life a woman's breast should naturally fall between the shoulder and elbow. If yours don't you're probably wearing the wrong size bra! I guess I learned a few things in fashion college that I can use in the real world.....

For me, when I am painting a lady head or pin up I use Ochre for skin tone, it's like a lighter brown/tan/sand colour. I don't know if anyone makes an Ochre tattoo ink but I imagine if not it would be the same as using a lighter brown. Brown mixed with orange or yellow maybe. Speaking of brown I've also noticed some old timers use black mixed with red in place of brown ink, way to dark for a pin up though.