Obscene Tattoos

Gregor

Yeah, Woody does tattoos, but he's more of a cartoonist. The interviewer isn't the only twat in the frame.

So a famously publicity hungry tattooer, who's notoriously fond of gimmicks invests in a super-deluxe tattoo removal lazer. Because he had virtually no tattoos already, he tattoos deliberately inflammatory statements on himself then does a photo shoot and speaks to every interviewer who'll listen.

No prizes for guessing what publicity grabbing event happens next...

Yeah, this is the same tattooer who called a client and offered to tattoo the Jacko arrest photo with the words "Peado Cunt" FOR FREE.

Although the client was a fool to accept the offer, he was a young student with little money who liked tattoos. Who, in that situation would refuse a funny, free tattoo? That client has since had a massive coverup of a traditional eagle.

Woody also tattoos drunk metalheads for free at the UK Download festival.

I'm a tattooer. Woody does tattoos.

We are not doing the same thing. Irresponsible is the kindest thing I can say about his work and work ethic.

wow. i thought you had linked to the wrong website for a second. i'm not trying to be mean, but is he going through some sort of mid-life crisis?? i had some lasering done at woodys over a two year span, my last session being about a year and a half ago now..and he is completely unrecognizable to how he was just a couple years ago. used to have a pretty short clean cut hairstyle, glasses..looked kind of like a dork but when i spoke to him he didn't seem to have an ego, and everyone else at the shop was super friendly. seems like both him and his wife have updated their profiles on that website to include some absolutely ridiculous photos now. this is so fucking weird.

also..no face tattoo..i cant actually see what it is..but it looks terrible.

What ever happened to getting tattoos for yourself and not so every person on the street freaks out. Being different is one thing, purposely doing all this shit to offend people? Waste of time.

I always thought being punk rock was about being yourself, and not letting others put you down for that. I didn't know that it's now all about being a huge douche bag who's life revolves around offending everyone you can.

• 6 months later...

Isn't his name Rick Genest, not Rob?

He is very photogenic, that's for sure. Not something I would ever be personally into, but kudos to him for doing what seems to make him truly happy AND actually being able to make a living of it. As for the kid on the talk show - reminds me of what @Stewart Robson said about how people who choose to look like freaks shouldn't be surprised when they're treated like freaks. Yet that kid is.

Isn't his name Rick Genest, not Rob?

He is very photogenic, that's for sure. Not something I would ever be personally into, but kudos to him for doing what seems to make him truly happy AND actually being able to make a living of it. As for the kid on the talk show - reminds me of what @Stewart Robson said about how people who choose to look like freaks shouldn't be surprised when they're treated like freaks. Yet that kid is.

This is why I am easing into the "freak look". No need to tattoo up my hands and sya this isn't for me!