Breaking Bad

Reyeslv

Well we know that one year from the last episode that Walt has a fake ID and is buying guns by himself. And he has changed his look around so he is probably hiding out. Who is he hiding from the cops, the cartel, or Mike and Jesse?

I think he finally grows a heart and leaves Skylar in peace. Is it just me or do you guys think Walt is WAY too power/money hungry this season? I miss the earlier seasons/episodes where he had some humanity... Gus was badass being all devoid of emotion and controlling, but with Walt it just feels like he lost his soul somewhere along the line and its kind of upsetting.

I think he finally grows a heart and leaves Skylar in peace. Is it just me or do you guys think Walt is WAY too power/money hungry this season? I miss the earlier seasons/episodes where he had some humanity... Gus was badass being all devoid of emotion and controlling, but with Walt it just feels like he lost his soul somewhere along the line and its kind of upsetting.

I am not sure that Walt ever had that much of a soul. I think that he was just beaten down when the show started. He had gotten wrapped up in a life that he hated, and was just pushing through it. His choices have always been pretty selfish, and ego driven.

For me the thing that makes the show work so well is that Walt is a genius. He is not just some middle-aged chemistry teacher. Because he is a genius it is believable when he works things out, and doesn't get killed in the process. I don't think that being a genius makes you less moral, but I do think that it makes you less beholden to the ideas of right and wrong that most of us live under. But then again "Just because you killed Jesse James, don't make you Jesse James." So maybe Walt is a good guy caught up in a whirlwind, but I doubt it.

I definitely doubt Walt is a good guy caught up in a whirlwind and I also don't think he ever was to begin with. However, he started cooking for his family & intended on dying of cancer, but then succumbed to the pressure to get treatment. I never once thought he got treatment because he felt like his family needed him, but more because he realized how much money he was making and it might be worth it to stay alive. Even now when he told Skylar he was still working to make up for the money she gave to Ted, it felt like a lie. He is not in it to make enough money for the kids and stop. However, I agree that's his choice and not out of his control--that he's caught up in the "game". But it's strange watching it now and feeling like Mike is the good guy (working for his granddaughter--even though he kills people, but hey, I would kill for my family...) and Walt is a soulless power-hungry machine. Even though he may have always been leaning towards "bad", it's still difficult to watch. I kind of feel like Skylar while I'm watching it, but also feel like she should give him a chance.

I never thought this season could go anywhere and it's already so crazy and intense, yet calmer than past seasons, too. It's a subtle, gnawing kind of crazy...

skylar sucks. she is seriously such a terrible character, and obviously they meant for her to be this way. with that said, i've read a lot of shit where people are saying that they sympathize with her? how and why? if it wasn't for that moron giving money to ted without asking walt, walt would've gotten them out without having to kill gus. fuck her.

• 2 weeks later...
Best show on tv right now and i'm sure when it wraps it'll cement itself as my favourite tv show ever.

Also, this made me chuckle

vwX1F.gif

Matt Damon's brother is a straight badass

Cool- he's from Dallas Jesse Plemons - IMDb

I see the Damon resemblance, but I also see Phillip Seymour Hoffman- confirmed by his role in "The Master" (which I can't wait to see)

I guess the same could have been said about teaching Jesse, maybe he doesn't have the prison ties but he was using at the time he was learning to cook properly (no chili p, yo!) which certainly makes him unreliable.

Jesse was unreliable. This kid is ambitious with criminal backing. Back then Walt needed Jesse as much as Jesse needed Walt. Now Walt just needs a friend, and this kid definitely is not a friend.