Number 13 Tattoos. Anyone Else Got One?

MGblues

Got mine at one of Tattoo 13's Friday the 13th 13 dollar tattoo days.

Originally it was just the little "13" and key hole but I had Doug Hansen at Everlasting put that lock around it. Hard to photograph with my scrawny little forearms.

Same with me on the scrawny forearms. Mine goes from the ditch to the wrist and There is just no getting a good picture of it.

I guess it matters where you are and if they are visible but does anyone ever question gang involvement? MS 13 is a gang that thrives on random brutality, have alot of enemies and are spotted with MS 13 or 13 tattoos.

I have seen more and more of these tattoos in OKC

I guess it matters where you are and if they are visible but does anyone ever question gang involvement? MS 13 is a gang that thrives on random brutality, have alot of enemies and are spotted with MS 13 or 13 tattoos.

I have seen more and more of these tattoos in OKC

^ one of my reasons to never get a "13" tattoo.

I think it depends on the tattoo and it's placement. I've never had anyone comment on mine and have never witnessed someone being accused of gang affiliation because of one. However I do know that Jesus who used to work at elm St and I don't know where he works now has a number of 13 tattoos including one on his face I believe. He said once that he's had a lot of issues with police and Latinos thinking he's ms13. Im sure it doesn't help that he is very heavily tattooed and kind of dresses the part too.

I have 3 "13" tattoos. Each tattooed by Valerie on a different Friday 13.

2 of them are the same as the ones other guys at the shop have.

That time I was walking through the Tenderloin in SF and that crazy-looking, face-sleeve wearing, South American, gang-banging motherfucker was fucking staring at me across the street... I bet it wasn't because he could see the three small number 13's, between the tattoos on my arms, under my shirt and jacket.

I've never been mistaken for a member of a South American gang because of my tattoos.

As a side note, friends of mine with finger tattoos and visible lettering have been asked, by airport security, about gang activity when visiting the States.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

6695276869_58e205b33e_n.jpg

Got this on a whim last Friday the 13th. Tim @ Anthem Tattoo in Gainesville FL drew a sheet of 13 flash and numbered 'em, 1 to 12 or whatever. You come in, pay $13, pick a number out of the hat, and there's your tattoo - unless you don't like it. Then you pay another $13 and pick again. He tattooed each design once. (I was first in line, zipping over on my lunch break from work, and picked my favorite on the first go.) If he does it next week I may show up again.