Jef Whitehead tattoo...

eisen777

Looks like hes working out of Taylor St in Chicago. If your a fan of his work find his face book page, hes posting some cool art and it seems hes doing a little more self promotion. He is one of that tattooers that years ago I told myself I wanted to get work from, and that was before I really got serious about getting tattooed. I hope our paths cross sometime next year.....even if I have to fly to Chicago.

SOoooo, I was wondering who has some work from him that you would be willing to post?? Deno has a crazy skull/thing on his arm that I couldn't look at enough times when I was at the Montreal convention. His work isn't extremely common to see online(and I like that about it) but anything would be cool (but I respect keeping it offline.

I have two big pieces from him from approximately 1997. (Kinda makes me feel old, that was a long time ago!) I don't like to put my tats online too much, but as a big Whitehead fan, I will certainly post them if I can find someone with a decent camera handy.

Jef is painting alot more now and flying east to work at the upcoming richmond (virginia) tattoo convention in november. his tattoos are looking really clean and that Deno tattoo is proof of it. that thing is slick, and he did it at my shop in DC. i have a bunch of Jef tattoos but not anything thats been done in the last 10+ years.

I love his stuff! I have a couple of recent ones from him (past two years). I've seen that Deno piece in person. It goes right across his arm ditch. It's a mindblower. I also got the chance to see some old flash of his from like 2000 in a shop in Philly. Its pretty neat to see the progression. Chinatown Eddie's if anyone is local.

Jef worked briefly at a shop I was a helper at. That encounter changed how I thought about tattooing forever.

The power, confidence and dynamic look that came with his tattoos influenced me from that day on. Jeff Zuck talked to me once about Power tats. Jef does Power tats.

I have a giant spider Jef did for me at the last Hollywood convention. I'll post a pic soon

I just got back from Chicago but already this thread is making me want to go back. The first time I went into Taylor Street I had no idea it was name day, but we were early so it was still not that busy. I picked the monkey that is my avatar off the wall and my wife and her friend each had a tattoo drawn for them. By the time we left the lobby was packed with all kinds of people people wanting their $20 name tattoos.

Everyone from a English Lit major wanting a quote to people who didn't know how to spell the name they were getting and arguing about what they could get for $20. It was standing room only, and a great tattoo memory for me. I apologized to the tattooers for taking up so much of their time on a special day, but they seemed glad to do some fun tattoos. Been there a couple times since, not on Tuesday, but its been a few years might have to check it out again on next visit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...