Try to save someone from bad tattoo..Any good tattooers near Marion Ohio?

slayer9019

So on another forum I am on (non-tattoo), I came across "is this tattoo guy good" thread...well lets just say I am talking him out of a bad-bad decision....

ORIGINAL POST:

So I am thinking about getting one of my dogs as a tattoo. I have a buddy who offered to do the tatt for a reasonable price.

this is the picture I sent him

-4169.jpg

This is the drawing he sent back.

tatt16035.jpg

I am very happy with the sketch But I am afraid I like it because he is a friend. What do you guys think of the sketch. I don't want a truck-a-saurus on my hands.

stained skin has some great guys, id go see drew at high street in columbus. he does some really nice portraits and is a great guy too.

and that's not saying anything bad about stained skin, but really i think drew does some of the best portraits ive seen around this part of ohio.

As much as I don't want to turn this into a complaining session about customers, but people get hung up on the money thing. Often people don't know the things that make a tattoo good or bad, so if all the tattoos look good they are going to go to the one with a more reasonable price even if they suck. The other thing is people get baited in by low by the hour rates. They don't understand the guy charging very little per hour usually has less experience and is slow and the tattoo will end up costing them more.

On the other side people don't want to be told no even if there idea sucks. So instead of listening they go to every shop until someone tells them there idea is good and they get exactly what they want.

In this case the friend is seeking out advice so I think he will end up with a good tattoo.

So on another forum I am on (non-tattoo), I came across "is this tattoo guy good" thread...well lets just say I am talking him out of a bad-bad decision....

ORIGINAL POST:

Oh man, Cool "sketch", I hope that dude can tattoo as well as he can trace off of a light table!