Rocky the Grizzly Bear

jade1955

I'm watching a program on the National Geographic Wild Chanel Called Hollywoods Killer bear. They showed the incident where he killed the owners best friend. The grizzly was only in contact with the man he killed for 8 seconds. The speed and ferocity of the attack is incredible. The bear just pinned this guy down by the throat and shook him like a rag doll. There was a police investigation afterwards and it was deemed to be an accident rather than a mauling, so luckily the bear was not destroyed afterwards.

The bear was born in captivity. The owner had raised the bear since it was a cub and the guy who was killed was the owners best friend.

Of course its not the first time something like this has happened and no doubt it won't be the last.

The attack footage is on YouTube. Search Bear kills man.

And nature once again reminds us why people aren't supposed to try and own wild animals.

Have you guys seen the Canadian movie about the dude who get attacked by a bear ? It's a documentary. So he gets attacked, lives, and then makes it his life mission to build a bear proof suit to then go find the same bear again and fight it. It's amazing. If you ever thought Canada wasn't full of hicks and yokels you should watch this. Oh just remembered the name of the movie it's Project Grizzly.

@Ursula I must admit I don't like the idea of wild animals being used for entertainment. If they are being filmed in their natural environment and its not intrusive thats ok in my book. For most of the time the bears owned by this guy seem to spend a lot of their time in solitude in a cage. No wonder they go postal.

In stark contrast I watched a couple of episodes of the Dog Whisperer. That Cesar Millan guy is incredible.

As usual its about training dumb peope not so called dumb animals.

Weeks holiday from work this week.:D

Timothy treadwell had some strange views on conservation. It was hard to tell wither he was feeling those from the heart, or if they were driven my total schizophrenia. He created some unreal views of wildlife which no one has or will ever do again, but at the same time broke the boundary between showing and telling. Every time he touched a bear it drove me crazy, and all I could think was "Well, I know how this is going to end."

Homeboy spend 10 seasons in the Alaskan wild filming and living with the largest land mammals on the North American Continent. I dont think there is anything hippish about that fool. I backpack every weekend and saw my first bear a weekend ago... Freaked me out.

I have watched grizzly man a couple times and I think at some point the guy obviously cared about what he was doing and did it for a long time and accomplished a lot, but it seemed like he was more concerned with his legacy and how people perceived him or would in the future in regards to Grizzly Bears. Maybe it was driven by Schizophrenia, but at some point he it seemed he forgot or ignored how powerful and ferocious a bear is. I think the movie kinda of portrays him as a douche, but it doesn't reflect his whole career. I have never been around a grizzly in the wild, but have come into contact with a few black bears which are like half the size and that was scary enough.