Star of Texas Tattoo Art Revival January 13-15, 2012

Kev is someone you looking for in particular? Chris Trevino usually does it. I know of bigger names are coming to San Angelo's Westtexas tattooconvention for their facebook page. Jennifer is on this forum and could tell you if Richard is going to do it next year.

Kev, although the artist list isn't posted, I think most artists know at this point if they are going. If you have someone in mind it wouldn't necessarily be too early to contact them. You'd be surprised how early some artists book up. I missed the boat on someone I wanted work from @ SFO this weekend; they were booked over a month ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just contacted Chad Koeplinger about getting tattooed during the Star of Texas Revival because the site APPEARED to be updated; turned out he is not going to be there. So it looks like they just left up the old list from last year. No Facebook info page either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, I tried to make two- one with Chad Koeplinger and one with Jeff Zuck (along with Robert Ryan and Hooper a few months ago, but those were longshots anyway). Neither one will be there, even though CK is listed on the site. I think I'm getting the Mary on my arm touched up by Ezra and my fiance' might be getting something from Joey Ortega, but that's about it. Unless I find someone tattooing that's not on the list, which knowing that site, is totally possible. I'm batting zero for getting tattooed right now.

Here's the pics from yesterday. I didn't get a chance to get anything new, but had a chance to talk with Cris Cleen and Idle Hand crew, Triple Crown, and AP Shrewsbury. I was going to try and get something from Andrew Stickler, but he got booked with 3 people right before I came up. There's was tons of great art and merch. Most of the pics I took were from the art show that featured original pieces from the new "2012. The End is Here" from LLL Books (limited edition run-definitely worth picking up: 2012: The End is Here from LLL Books I didn't take any pics of people getting tattooed; it seems kind of stalkerish and weird when it's a stranger getting tattooed.

photo12.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo2-1.jpg