The dreaded wait to be tattooed

slayer9019

i tried lloking up that amund dietzel flash and nothing really came up.

as for spider murphy's, i would totally just go there and pick one off of their flash without looking anything up but everyone in my family thinks im crazy for wanting to catch the train there then the bart. if i knew how to drive it would just be an hour drive!

Where you at?

Since it's in Marin you'd ferry up then cab since the damn BART doesn't go here (wish it did)

thanks for the tip. i think i got the directions to frisco mixed up with those. fuck my life. i wish i knew how to drive but i went through high school and no one taught me, starting my 2nd year of college and still dont know.

Im in Stockton. :/ not alot of good shops out here. lots look like scratcher stuff. I did find a good guy to do tattoos i just dont know if i want him to do my next one. If I knew how to drive i'd be out in the bay getting tattooed but everyone i know thinks its stupid to travel "cause we have plenty of good people around here". well i cant seem to find them and alot of tattoos i see suck ass

So, an advance purchase (internet) ticket round-trip on the Dog from Stockton to San Jose is $32 this weekend, adn that would put you by...

Horitaka, State of Grace Tattoo Shop

221 Jackson Street, San Jose, CA 95112

And it doesn't get much better than that.

So, an advance purchase (internet) ticket round-trip on the Dog from Stockton to San Jose is $32 this weekend, adn that would put you by...

Horitaka, State of Grace Tattoo Shop

221 Jackson Street, San Jose, CA 95112

And it doesn't get much better than that.

Agreed. I will be there this weekend in order to finally start my backpiece with Jill. Due to some laser work, I have been waiting for over a year.

Agreed. I will be there this weekend in order to finally start my backpiece with Jill. Due to some laser work, I have been waiting for over a year.

Best of luck-sounds like you've got it all squared-away!

- - - Updated - - -

And Delicious, if there's a major wait for Horitaka, you can make San Fran for the same fare and be at Black Heart in no time, walk-in's welcome.

you driving down to richmond?

he's tattooing in pittsburgh for 2 days and it's only about an hour and a half drive, opposed to ~4 to richmond; so i made an appointment for that. i was supposed to drive down to get tattooed by him in april but then he broke his hand. you live in rva?

I have just over a month and a half to wait before I can start my back piece and put down a deposit on my next big piece, with maybe something small thrown in somewhere. Dozens of ideas floating around and was supposed to be starting my back in two days, so yeah... it's killing me! I know I'll be getting a ton of work done in the next year, if all goes as planned, but waiting for that next one is just crazy .

I have to travel to Poland from the UK every 2-3 months for my backpiece. I just want it finished now but I think I will need another 6 sessions. I did ask to book 4 x 8 hour sessions the next time I go but I think he his booked until August now so looks like only 2 x 8 hour sessions at Christmas, really want to get it finished!

Four appointments! Both awesome and terrifying at the same time!

I too have my next appointment in late October, and after my last one (in June) took a lot out of me, I thought I'd be set until then. Ha. Within like two weeks I was ready to go again. So we'll see if I make it to October; the local convention is in early September and I have a Big Life Event happening probably in mid-September that I will almost certainly feel the need to mark. Normally I am better with the patience, but this time I am struggling!

i have to wait till last week in october to get tattooed but I have 4 appointments that week with awesome tattooers so its more than ok

im guessing atleast 20 hrs nothing compared to @peterpoose but I bet my body will be revolting when the time comes

lol I actually just received an email back from Victors wife, i will copy paste just the one sentence from it.

You're crazy with tattoos.. i think you don't have nervous system and don't feel any pain hahahaha:))

The back does hurt so I am not sure I could handle 4 x 8 hours on it but I would have tried if he had the appointments free.

I'm traveling to New York to get tattooed this Saturday by Eli Quinters at Smith Street, then I have my first session for my right arm sleeve the first week of September with Hugues Lauzier at Imago, and it looks like I'll be getting a piece from Chad Koeplinger at the Montreal Tattoo Art Expo the 2nd weekend of September (fingers crossed!).

Needless to say, I'm incredibly excited/impatient.

It's cute that like, two days ago in this thread I posted about trying to hold out for my October appointment, because I am now about 75% sure I am going to try and get something done at the Montreal convention next month. Forcing myself to sit on it for a couple of more days, but my resolve is weakening by the minute...