The dreaded wait to be tattooed

slayer9019

One thing I am starting to feel is the dreaded wait to get tattooed. Whether it is waiting for a particular tattoo to be finished between multiple sessions or my new recent problem of long wait times till your first appointment. Sometimes I just want to get something in-between the wait times. I know my current roommate is still only half way done with a gigantic quarter body tattoo that he started beginning of summer and is dying to finish. How about everyone else?

I totally get that. I hate waiting in between sessions too but the delay builds up anticipation and I'm really excited by the time the session comes. I don't enjoy the pain but adding on pieces just makes me happy because I appreciate the art. Not to mention being tattooed you're just sitting there so mentally for me, I can put myself in a quasi-zen state depending on where I'm being tattooed. Even though I hate those periods in between, I'm not necessarily in a rush to get them done either. Unless it means I get to start the next addition I suppose.

I really enjoyed the last 2 sessions on my arm, so I'm definitely feeling that "must continue!" urge. The pain, I always dread. But the conversation (the "zen" thing is not my style) and the overall... experience? That, I really look forward to. So much that now I don't want it to ever be finished.

The idea of getting a small piece in the weeks between sittings has crossed my mind a few times... thank goodness for money, limiter of all impulse decisions.

I definitely get 'nervous anticipation' when waiting for my next appointment. Part of it is I'm excited, part of it is not looking forward to the pain (mostly because of decent size sessions and at the moment going 2 days in a row) AND because I have to wait 6 weeks to have my sleeve finished ;)

Oh, and because this sleeve is being done in japan, I don't really 'like' flying as such, but love traveling so that sort of trumps any fears.

But the conversation (the "zen" thing is not my style)

I honestly prefer to be chatting and shooting the shit when being tattooed - it makes it easier for me to get my mind off the pain... However, I've had to embrace the 'zen' way of thinking recently (the whole having only very basic Japanese skills can be a bitch)

@ThaliaCamille - how is your arm coming along? very keen to see what Rachi throws down!

As much as I don't like waiting for tattoos to be finished, I've never had the urge to get a small tattoo in between appointments for a larger piece. I like admiring larger pieces in the stages they are done so that I can see the progression as well as all the details which you sometimes don't see fully on the finished piece without looking really hard

I had my eagle done last week in between sessions on my side and I loved it! It was fun getting something done in one session...my side probably wont be done until February or March...I will probably get a few littler tattoos done while I work on my side.

I will probably be getting tattooed everytime I can afford it for a while. @jade1955 has me inspired.

As much as I don't like waiting for tattoos to be finished, I've never had the urge to get a small tattoo in between appointments for a larger piece. I like admiring larger pieces in the stages they are done so that I can see the progression as well as all the details which you sometimes don't see fully on the finished piece without looking really hard

Yeah, I pretty much want to get tattooed every day and probably would if I could!

I'm in between sessions for a large piece, and I have thought about getting a smaller piece in the mean time to fill the void. I hate waiting. Getting tattooed is something I truly enjoy. I don't even get the nervous anticipation, I just get excited. It's been about 6 months and I'm definitely pining.....

I don't think I have gone more than a month in the last five years without getting a tattoo.

Until I get my back done and one rib at least outlined I am trying not to get any other tattoos. It was tough this weekend, a couple of my friends had some pretty cool Halloween sheets painted. My lack of free time without my son should help facilitate this. I just realized if I didn't step up and get my back and ribs done that would be the only spots I have left before years end. I think I know who I want to do both of my ribs and hopefully I can make it happen. I am going to try to get a couple hours done on my back on Friday, get this show on the road.

I haven't had any work done since September. My next appoint is November 25th. The time in between has been dragging alone very slowly. But I don't want to get a piece just for a quick "fix". I only have so much skin to cover and I am considering this journey more of a marathon then a sprint. I spend my time on LST and every artist's blog looking at other people's tattoos and pass the the time until I get my next one.

Got two hours done on my back on Friday, would really like to finish the rest of the black, hopefully sometime this week and start color. It's just a matter of how busy the shop is this week. I just found out Cheyenne at Atlas Tattoo is now just doing walk ins, which is making my no tattoos till I get my back finished even harder, but I am sticking to my guns so far. On an unrelated note, my boss is back into getting tattooed and looking to finish his body suit this year and he is having Cheyenne do a piece on the biggest piece of real estate he has left. I am happy for him he deserves to get a new tattoo.

• 5 months later...