The dreaded wait to be tattooed

slayer9019

I've heard that the guy who finished my sleeve is booked six months out...definitely wouldn't wait that long just for the name.

I've got two small, one medium, and one backpiece planned. The two small and one medium pieces will be done shortly, probably within the next month, and I'll most probably do them in one sitting. It's about a two hour drive to get to Chicago Tattooing from here, so I like to make the most of it.

Still working out the design of the backpiece...ot ain't gonna be an easy one.

When I have had a large piece done, multiple sittings, I usually wait until the swelliing is down enough from the last sitting to start another, so maybe a few weeks in between. Makes it easier, I think, for the artist and for myself to see whaat the pieve really looks like.

I've heard that the guy who finished my sleeve is booked six months out...definitely wouldn't wait that long just for the name.

I've got two small, one medium, and one backpiece planned. The two small and one medium pieces will be done shortly, probably within the next month, and I'll most probably do them in one sitting. It's about a two hour drive to get to Chicago Tattooing from here, so I like to make the most of it.

Still working out the design of the backpiece...ot ain't gonna be an easy one.

When I have had a large piece done, multiple sittings, I usually wait until the swelliing is down enough from the last sitting to start another, so maybe a few weeks in between. Makes it easier, I think, for the artist and for myself to see whaat the pieve really looks like.

One of the main reasons I love Chicago Tattoo Company they are always available for walk ins and even if you book an appointment a week or two seems to be plenty of notice. To each their own, but yeah waiting for 6 months to get tattooed does not sound like fun at all, although I really want to get tattooed by Freddy Corbin and Dan Gilsdorf and I will probably have to wait at least two months for both of them unless I can manage to catch Dan with some free time on his monthly trip back to Portland.

I have a love/hate relationship with the wait to be tattooed. Part of me wants the instant gratification of getting it done as soon as I get the idea in my head. I'm not always the most patient. On the other hand, waiting a couple of months just builds the anticipation and is part of the whole experience. Plus, waiting a bit slows me down. I'm not looking forward to running out of room!

One of the main reasons I love Chicago Tattoo Company they are always available for walk ins and even if you book an appointment a week or two seems to be plenty of notice. To each their own, but yeah waiting for 6 months to get tattooed does not sound like fun at all, although I really want to get tattooed by Freddy Corbin and Dan Gilsdorf and I will probably have to wait at least two months for both of them unless I can manage to catch Dan with some free time on his monthly trip back to Portland.

I want to make it real clear that the six month wait WAS NOT at Chicago Tattoo! The artist in question had been working there when he did my piece, but then moved-on and became all popular and hip and so-forth.

Anyhow, for a typical waiting time at Chicago Tattoo, I e-mailed Nick Colella there this morning, and have appointments for my Lady and myself this Wednesday evening. Guess I can wait a day!

I wish that I could be closer to Chicago then I am, then I could go there to get a walk

in

I want to make it real clear that the six month wait WAS NOT at Chicago Tattoo! The artist in question had been working there when he did my piece, but then moved-on and became all popular and hip and so-forth.

Anyhow, for a typical waiting time at Chicago Tattoo, I e-mailed Nick Colella there this morning, and have appointments for my Lady and myself this Wednesday evening. Guess I can wait a day!

This whole paycheck-paycheck, about to graduate grind is killing me. It leaves me broke and with too many tattoo ambitions. Sore timing to get the "I love tattoos" book.

And to top it off my planned graduation chest piece by mike wilson will be put on hold for a while since he broke his arm. Gotta scratch the itch soon

This whole paycheck-paycheck, about to graduate grind is killing me. It leaves me broke and with too many tattoo ambitions. Sore timing to get the "I love tattoos" book.

And to top it off my planned graduation chest piece by mike wilson will be put on hold for a while since he broke his arm. Gotta scratch the itch soon

Life's a bitch. Most people live paycheck-to-paycheck all their lives...if they're licky enough to have paychecks! IF you're in grad school, I imagine you won't be one of those, so be patient.

Speaking of the wait. I've got a four-month wait for my next session, but I really don't mind it too much. It gives me a little time to put some scratch together and plan for travel. I think a lot of us would get tattooed everyday (figuratively) if we could, but you know, we got some time to get suited out.

Life's a bitch. Most people live paycheck-to-paycheck all their lives...if they're licky enough to have paychecks! IF you're in grad school, I imagine you won't be one of those, so be patient.

No worries, paycheck to paycheck I don't mind, and most of my tattoos were spent with a full check, but totally worth it. I've had to travel the past 8 weeks and it's sucked the funds bone dry

I'm more bummed about having to wait even longer for mike Wilson

I feel you dude. Even working full-time doesn't make it easier, I guess unless you make a lot of money. But, you can only do what you can. It definitely makes up for it in the end.

I really almost-always have enough for my next tat.... I squirrel away some money now and then and it adds up. Can't justify taking it out of the household funds. My tat $$ comes out of selling some scrap I have around the shop most of the time, or cash deals for things I sell.

CG

Guest deadmeadow88

It's been a long 4 months, but I'm down to the last two weeks until my next and hopefully final session on my chest. :D

So, my Lady and I went into Chicago Tattoo last night for our appointment, figured we'd be in an out in a few hours, had a small custom piece designed, a little coverup on my knees, no big thang.

Wrong.

First, Kathy spots an ancient Sailor Jerry design on the wall, and it's "can we do that instead?". Yes Dear.

Then Nick shows me the drawings he's done for my coverups, and they were just a wee tad larger than I had thought....

Ah well, ended up staying for five hours, and walking out with some beautiful work. I've got to say, Nick Colella is, imho, about the best there is at Traditional American tattooing today.

Anyhow, here's a few pix. The last pic is the old firecracker pack the cat heads came from.

I love being tattooed, So far everyone that has tattooed me has been very nice to talk with and been pretty open talking with me. I got a cool tattoo on my belly a few weeks ago, David was kind enough to offer me a look at his ben corday tattoo travel book and also showed me some of his work (he had a cool stell eagle and a grime piece that he showed when the artists came up in conversation). I realize I am a customer, and I am there for a tattoo but its the little things like conversation or the buzz of the shop or all the flash on the wall that has me wanting to get tattooed even more. The pain is a non issue