Use of Painkillers

khubilai

• 3 weeks later...

I had some work done Friday night. I was at the shop earlier, a friend of mine was getting a tattoo. I had planned on going home first, but would up going to dinner with my friend, plus it was raining hard. I had one pain pill with me, 2 would have been nice. So I took the 1 and it was good enough. I sat for 2.5 hours having a hanya started.

• 2 years later...

As a chronic pain sufferer,i take Percocet regularly. (prescription,not off the street!)

I have taken that and used a prescription lidocaine cream before tats and in my experience it definitely tones down the sensation. Personally, I would do it again. Didn't need to take any breaks. 

I don't find them all that painful to begin with,I live in far worse discomfort daily. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I drink a pint of whiskey and smoke weed  before/during the tattoo  it helps alot lol cocaine makes it alot worst though. I was awake for like 2 days high af on Coke we started my chest at 2 am and holy F*** it felt like someone was cutting me slowly with a razor blade

The only thing we will allow in our shop is ibuprofin or tylenol. If you come in inebriated, you will be asked to leave. Zero tolerance for it in our spot. People made stupid decisions sober, much less while f**ked up, also they tend to get super mouthy, wont sit still, bleed out quicker/more,  and generally get on your nerves...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I plan on at least a 4 hr session. I have a medium sized tat done about 25 yrs ago and can't remember how it felt getting it at all ... I think I should not be a p@#ssy and such it up .... but what am I signing up for no idea. Want to go half sleeve wrist to elbow

Edited by jdub
Spelling

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/29/2011 at 2:23 AM, ShawnPorter said:

Painkillers make it worse, but that's no reason not to use drugs.

Here's my recipe:

before the tattoo starts, I pop a muscle relaxer. You're going to be getting your ribs worked on and that's going to hurt. A lot. Evolution isn't a dummy, and we've evolved to protect our vital organs. The ribs protect your lungs. Your lungs are important. Therefor, your body has a nice network of nerve endings all around the area to alert you that you're getting into dangerous territory. Which means that you're going to be hating life.

As such, you'll tense up. Probably a lot. You'll be sore from the tattooing the next day, sure... but you're also going to be sore from tensing yourself up. Because ribs hurt.

That muscle relaxer (metaxalone for the win) will make you tense up less and the next day, you'll feel better for it.

The next step is to take an anti-histamine. Tattooing is basically a large scale scratch test. If you take a nondrowsy anti-histamine, you'll swell less. The artist won't be bogged down with puffy, swollen skin.

The last step for me is a xanax. Because I hate getting tattooed and the xanax just makes me happy.

Caveats:

I'm not prescribing any medicinal treatment since I'm not a doctor. Don't use drugs unless you know their side effects.

Respect: Ask your tattooer if he/she minds you taking pills. Some do. You don't want to be the loopy customer they hate dealing with. also check out this muscle relaxers before tattoo

Hello. This Saturday I have to go back to the tattoo shop to get the 2nd part of my "side" tattoo done. This tattoo is on my right side hip and ribcage/ stomach. The first session, which was 2 hours was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I assumed since I had a bit of belly fat that it wouldn't be too bad....WRONG!! Pops (my cutie tattoo artist) said I didn't have as much of a tummy as I thought and that I was gonna feel it either way. For 2 long hours I layed on my back, looking up and the ceiling and stayed silent. All along screaming inside as loud as I could! I'm scared, the feeling of the needle hitting my ribs is well...I'm sure you get the picture. Has anyone ever heard of a natural numbing creme or tablet that I could try? I cant back out, I'm not a wuss, but damn, the ribcage is way too sensitive.

45 minutes ago, dekow said:

Hello. This Saturday I have to go back to the tattoo shop to get the 2nd part of my "side" tattoo done. This tattoo is on my right side hip and ribcage/ stomach. The first session, which was 2 hours was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I assumed since I had a bit of belly fat that it wouldn't be too bad....WRONG!! Pops (my cutie tattoo artist) said I didn't have as much of a tummy as I thought and that I was gonna feel it either way. For 2 long hours I layed on my back, looking up and the ceiling and stayed silent. All along screaming inside as loud as I could! I'm scared, the feeling of the needle hitting my ribs is well...I'm sure you get the picture. Has anyone ever heard of a natural numbing creme or tablet that I could try? I cant back out, I'm not a wuss, but damn, the ribcage is way too sensitive.

I think most people here are going to say, man up. I’ve never used helpers and have completed most of a body suit, which includes most body parts. Learn how to relax and breathe through the pain. Deep breath in, let out while they are tattooing. Repeat.

50 minutes ago, dekow said:

Just power through it. My artist won't work on anyone who takes pain medication. You could try some numbing cream, I guess, but check with your artist. I just don't think any numbing cream will help with the ribs.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I've been enjoying the benefits of both weed and body art, but recently I've been curious about whether smoking weed can have any impact on tattoos. I've heard some mixed opinions on this, so I thought I'd bring the question here to get some insights from the community.

I've been wondering if there's any evidence or personal experiences that suggest weed could affect the healing process of a new tattoo or possibly alter the appearance of existing ones. Does THC or other compounds in weed have any potential interactions with tattoo ink or skin healing?

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences on this topic!

4 minutes ago, Ashton Drew said:

Hey everyone,

I've been enjoying the benefits of both weed and body art, but recently I've been curious about whether smoking weed can have any impact on tattoos. I've heard some mixed opinions on this, so I thought I'd bring the question here to get some insights from the community.

I've been wondering if there's any evidence or personal experiences that suggest weed could affect the healing process of a new tattoo or possibly alter the appearance of existing ones. Does THC or other compounds in weed have any potential interactions with tattoo ink or skin healing?

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences on this Banff weed dispensary

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 hour ago, Ashton Drew said:

Hey everyone,

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences on this topic!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Given the hundreds of millions of people around the world with tattoos and no reported effects of weed (at least I’ve never heard  or read about it), I think you’re safe.