Use of Painkillers

khubilai

• 3 weeks later...

I had some work done Friday night. I was at the shop earlier, a friend of mine was getting a tattoo. I had planned on going home first, but would up going to dinner with my friend, plus it was raining hard. I had one pain pill with me, 2 would have been nice. So I took the 1 and it was good enough. I sat for 2.5 hours having a hanya started.

• 2 years later...

As a chronic pain sufferer,i take Percocet regularly. (prescription,not off the street!)

I have taken that and used a prescription lidocaine cream before tats and in my experience it definitely tones down the sensation. Personally, I would do it again. Didn't need to take any breaks. 

I don't find them all that painful to begin with,I live in far worse discomfort daily. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I drink a pint of whiskey and smoke weed  before/during the tattoo  it helps alot lol cocaine makes it alot worst though. I was awake for like 2 days high af on Coke we started my chest at 2 am and holy F*** it felt like someone was cutting me slowly with a razor blade

Yeah, being "impared" might work for specific personalities, but a fair number of drunks lose the ability to make wise decisions or control their physical body (including their mouth). Same for being f*cked up. 

I've never known a tattooist who wants someone like that in their chair. Many simply won't tolerate it. 

The only thing we will allow in our shop is ibuprofin or tylenol. If you come in inebriated, you will be asked to leave. Zero tolerance for it in our spot. People made stupid decisions sober, much less while f**ked up, also they tend to get super mouthy, wont sit still, bleed out quicker/more,  and generally get on your nerves...

• 5 weeks later...

Some tattooees don't even seem to be aware of the existence of numbing agents. I know that  a lot of artists think (whether or not they are prepared to use them on clients) that the pain is all part of the whole tattoo experience.

• 5 months later...

I plan on at least a 4 hr session. I have a medium sized tat done about 25 yrs ago and can't remember how it felt getting it at all ... I think I should not be a p@#ssy and such it up .... but what am I signing up for no idea. Want to go half sleeve wrist to elbow

Edited by jdub
Spelling

• 1 month later...