looking for someone on the west coast preferably, as it will be multiple sessions and quite large. i know there's a ship thread in the tattoo designs section but not alot of talk. any push in the right direction or examples in someones portfolio would be appreciated greatly. i love kyle crowells ships, and have been tattooed by him so thats in the back of my mind as of now

i think if i were to get a ship i'd have ron ( @The Hyena) do it. how many other tattooers are hanging out in ship yards taking pictures of ships? haha, seriously though, he does nice looking tattoos and does some conventions and guest spots on the west coast. my only interactions with him have been via the interwebs, but he has always been a gentleman and an all around cool dude.

Vinse One at Liberty Tattoo in Seattle does some nice stuff, Taking a road trip to Portland and checking out Atlas Tattoo would be worth it. They have a website, but the portfolio's in the shop trump anything you see online.

i have a few tattoos from vinse, fast tattooer, cool guy and super nice bold and traditional tattoos too

All great suggestions and I'd get a ship from any of them!

For the past few months I have been enjoying striped-down traditional versions of ships and old flash....so I'd suggest @Erik Gillespie (Chicago) or @Nick Colella (Chicago) though they are not West Coast as desired so how about Nick Rodin (Blackheart), Cody Miller (Blackheart), or @Paul A. Dobleman (Spider Murphy's) among many others.....

Heath Preheim from Temple has some nice ships in his portfolio too. I was just trying to suggest some stuff close to home, if you travel down to San Francisco you have a ton of options. I would also really recommend getting tattooed by Nick Colella if you have the chance. Though I haven't been tattooed by Eric Gillespie a good friend of mine has a handful of tattoos by him and really nice stuff as well.

i think if i were to get a ship i'd have ron ( @The Hyena) do it. how many other tattooers are hanging out in ship yards taking pictures of ships? haha, seriously though, he does nice looking tattoos and does some conventions and guest spots on the west coast. my only interactions with him have been via the interwebs, but he has always been a gentleman and an all around cool dude.

I was gonna suggest him, too.

Justin Lee is a great tattooer not sure where he is working these days but know he left adorn about a year ago, but reminds me of Eli Falconette and Justin Dion @

blacklist

and

Matt Valentine Tattoos

Those are some good artists too.You guy's are lucky to have so many good tattooers in a close proximity to each other.I would like to live in a city like Portland where the food and the tattooers are both really good.

Those are some good artists too.You guy's are lucky to have so many good tattooers in a close proximity to each other.I would like to live in a city like Portland where the food and the tattooers are both really good.

We would love to have you Joe! I spent a lot of time in my bubble too busy to bother with what everyone else was doing, but you are right if you are in to tattoos and food Portland is a good place and relatively cheap to live in at least for the moment.

You should try living in Australia!! I'm not knocking the quality of artists here because we have some amazing talent across all styles but it seems in the states from what I read on here, everywhere you go there is a top echelon of shops or artists that are really good at accomodating customers. Lucky people!! (:

Justin Lee is a great tattooer not sure where he is working these days but know he left adorn about a year ago, but reminds me of Eli Falconette and Justin Dion @

blacklist

and

Matt Valentine Tattoos

Update, Justin Lee is back tattooing in town splitting his time between Adorn and Mr Tattoo. Not that urgent of a matter, but always like to make sure I give accurate info. Also Justin Dion has changed shops but still in the area and has a website bearing his name to contact him through. Now back to your regularly scheduled forum already in progress.