White Ink.

Tight-Lines

what would white over black look like? I imagine it would just be black but wondered if anyone had first hand knowledge

I know, because I have some. It's not white, just lighter than the black around it. How much lighter depends on the age of the ink and skill of the tattooer.

I've done it a few times too, with varying degrees of design success, but I took the most recent photo off my blog last week after one too many " I'm gonna get this from my tattooer, what needles/technique/machines did you use?" emails.

Nothing gets non-tattooers talking about their so-called technical and equipment knowledge like white-on-black, palm or micro tattoos in tricky places.

Shes actually really timid about getting a tattoo. She really wants one but is scared about what her family might think. I think the negatives in this case will overturn the positives. All I told her was that Ill take you to a good shop and they will do what you want to some extent.

I told her to just say fuck it and get a back piece. She looked confused and then laughed. This is getting hella emo.

That or something on her neck!!!

Or if she is afraid of what the family might think, maybe your handprint on her ass so they wont see it.

I know, because I have some. It's not white, just lighter than the black around it. How much lighter depends on the age of the ink and skill of the tattooer.

I've done it a few times too, with varying degrees of design success, but I took the most recent photo off my blog last week after one too many " I'm gonna get this from my tattooer, what needles/technique/machines did you use?" emails.

Nothing gets non-tattooers talking about their so-called technical and equipment knowledge like white-on-black, palm or micro tattoos in tricky places.

thanks for sharing lucky for you I have no knowledge on this subject and I am too old to pretend

wonder if it would look good if you had some black out and did geometric designs like thomas or hooper

I have seen a few pics of fresh tattoos that look good and I believe Dan Smith did something along these lines on LA INK recently on another tattooer visiting. I thought it looked pretty cool, but more than skeptical of how it will age, but I imagine you don't have many options if you want to get tattooed on your black out arm. I guess it's probably like Stewart said the skill level of the tattooers will play a big role in how it looks as it ages.