To finish a half sleeve or not..

I've got a poseidon scene going on my right arm and have pondered the idea of finishing it out as a full sea scene, but a thought occured would it look weird if I just kept it a half sleeve and got random pieces on my forearm?

Also, what are your thoughts of one artist doing half and another finishing the other half. Would this be something another artist wouldn't touch or it doesn't matter since at least it's a completed tattoo

• 1 year later...

I suggest you complete the sleeve. I just did something similar. My first tattoo was a half-sleeve on my right arm 4 years ago. Two phoenixes.

I extended it below the elbow with a snake wrapped around an apple next to a coffin. Also there's a clock in there. Just finished it 2 weeks ago. Two different artists with slightly different styles but it looks great. When I was 18 I did not plan on getting full sleeves but I'm loving my new arm.

I'm partial to the sleeved look instead of tattoos standing by themselves though. Just do what you want to be honest.

I keep having the same debate with myself, and am often asked by people whether I would extend my two half sleeves. I have two half sleeves at the moment and can't decide whether to extend them into three quarter or full sleeves if at all. Then on top of that question there is always the problem of final choice of subject matter as well as whether I really have the money.

showimage2.php?i=13237&catid=member&imageuser=4801

showimage2.php?i=13234&catid=member&imageuser=4801