How often would you get tattooed?

mtlsam

So, how often would you get tattooed? Supposing of course that you could afford it, and could get appointments with artists that interested you.

I have been known to get a little obsessed with things that I am passionate about. I've gotten work done five times since mid July. I am sorely tempted to get more!

Well, I have been getting tattooed every week in what will become a year very very soon. With a few breaks while my tattooer has traveled to Europe. If money could allow it I think I could go more offten or longer session, but it's better this way so I don't get too carried away.

thats whats up!

you getting like an hr a week or are you going to be covered shortly?

• 4 years later...

I like to look forward to getting tattoos and then turn the whole day into an event. My wife and I usually (not always) get an overnight babysitter on tattoo day and then go out to celebrate. It's like a holiday. I also don't like healing tattoos in the summer because it can suck to have to avoid water in the land of 10,000 lakes.

The perfect schedule would be one in the spring, fall and winter. I go two tattoos this January and that worked ok too. I'm not sure I would go out of my way to make that happen again but I wouldn't necessarily avoid it either.

I think every 6-8 weeks is what I'd prefer. I get a real urge to get tattooed like 2 weeks after getting a tattoo, but that's kinda too fast, especially in terms of money. I do have some DIY handmade tattoos that I've done to ease the urge, they are on my shins which are basically just scars from skateboarding so I won't ever get any good tattoos or spend money on those parts anyway..

I got tattooed 9 times by professionals and 6 DIY times in 2015. That felt like a good number for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I think i'm moving into that a phase where i think 3-4 pieces a year would work

maybe do that for a while and go from there

i'm not sure if i need to be completely covered either

havent had to seriosuly think about it as i'm not that close to that kind of coverage

even though i have about 30 pieces - most of which are decent size

i'm no fan of summertime heals

like a fall, winter, spring maybe a 4th thrown in somwhere? sounds cool

I'm 45yo and got my first tattoo in November, my second in January and my third a week ago. They are all fairly large.....the one last week was 10+hr over 2 days. I'm scheduled again on the 20th of this month, the 2nd of June and the 16th of June. May end up getting some work on June 15th because that piece may end up being the continuation of a collaboration piece. I'm sure I will slow down a little bit but not getting any younger and have really fallen in love with the whole process and have been able to get great art so far. I would say that if the budget allows and you are confident in what you want, then get the pieces you can when you can.......allowing some time to heal between each one.