How often would you get tattooed?

mtlsam

I actually did several laser treatments on my back before I tattooed the shit out of it. It didn't completely rid all the hair but definately thinned out my Sicilian heritage. A nice strong bold tattoo is no match for body hair. I still have to buzz er down every couple of months to get that fresh clear teenage boy kind of look. Its fun too to shave out parts of tattoos to pop them. Weird? Who cares ! Now if only my wife would ok a tattooed head and so I could solve an opposite problem !

For a while I just took on 1 big tattoo project a year and spread the sessions out monthly over the winter.

Now I try to squeeze in a couple fun small tattoos every year October through April or "tattoo season" as we call it - as opportunities present themselves and the crazy and crazier ideas reveal themselves to me. Life's too short to not get the tattoos you want, but on the contrary life's too short to spend all your time wearing long sleeves, avoiding swimming and feeling like a peeling reptile for too many months out of the year! cheers

Edited by bongsau

I have been in phases in my 20s and early 30s where I was really getting a lot done. In the space of about 2.5 years I finished my back and did one sleeve, the other shortly after. I started on my front then.

All the way through I was slotting one shots in.

Now I'm being slowed down by the very real prospect of "being done". I probably have a good number of spaces for fillers or small one shots left, but nothing like before.

From here on out I'm really trying to ration myself and be able to enjoy getting tattooed for as long as possible... so in theory maybe 1 a year going forward.

That's one reason I'm rarely on LST now. I disengaged a bit because I feel like I'm just not getting tattooed as much - I'm not as avidly into reading and discussing it so much.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Every time I add a little something to my arms (all traditional tattoos) I find I can't wait for another session and am already eager to fill in the gaps the new one made. But with bigger tattoos, I get burned out on the frequent sessions, opening up so much skin at once, and the long sittings. So if money wasn't an issue, I'd probably get my arms filled ASAP! But with everything else, I would still probably go slower because I have other issues with the bigger, non-traditional pieces I get.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...