Islip, NY Bedroom Tattooing Shut DOWN

Lochlan

dope!

Bedroom Tattooing Business Shutdown

Posted by James Brierton on Nov 19, 2011 | 2 Comments and 0 Reactions Email Print

Central Islip, NY (SmithtownRadio.com) – A Long Island teen has been arrested for running a tattooing and piercing business out of her Central Islip bedroom.

Police say Carisma Thompson-Pike, 17, charged between $50 and $200 for the services, which she performed while her parents were at work.

A concerned parent saw Thompson-Pike advertising the services on Facebook and contacted police.

Inside the home, investigators found tattoo guns and inks as well as various other paraphernalia related to body piercing and tattooing.

“The tattooing was performed in an unsanitary, non-sterile environment,” a police spokesperson said in a released statement.

Thompson-Pike is accused of tattooing at least two 15-year-old girls but police are continuing their investigation. Anyone with information about this, or similar incidents, is asked to call the Third Precinct Crime Section at 631-854-8326.

Thompson-Pike was charged with two counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child and two counts of Unlawfully Dealing with a Minor, 2nd Degree. Thompson-Pike was released on bail and will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on a later date.

SmithTownRadio.com

It says she did the tattoos while her parents were at work or not at home. Makes me wonder how a kid can hide an entire tattoo/piercing set up from their own parents. I mean, obviously every teen ager has secrets and hides things from the family but really, you didn't notice your kid was tattooing other kids in your own basement? Boo to the parents, boo to the t.v. shows that made this kid think it was ok and boo to the kid for fucking up other kids bodies forever. And for once, yay to the police for stopping someone from hurting other people and the tattoo industry.

It says she did the tattoos while her parents were at work or not at home. Makes me wonder how a kid can hide an entire tattoo/piercing set up from their own parents. I mean, obviously every teen ager has secrets and hides things from the family but really, you didn't notice your kid was tattooing other kids in your own basement? Boo to the parents, boo to the t.v. shows that made this kid think it was ok and boo to the kid for fucking up other kids bodies forever. And for once, yay to the police for stopping someone from hurting other people and the tattoo industry.

I was quite good at hiding stuff when I was a kid. My parents both worked a lot so they weren't around to keep a constant eye on me. I assume the whole setup she had was easily just enough stuff for a suitcase if that. I know of a scratcher and his setup was very small (Hell if you reuse needles and only have 1 size needle!). All of his stuff fit very easily into a backpack. I am assuming she had no autoclave, no green soap, 1 tube, 1 machine (article does say plural so maybe 2), a very small power supply, and maybe 4 needles.

I do agree she was stupid and her parents should have caught on at least! I think sometimes parents see signs that something fishy is going on but don't want to pry or piss off their kids so they don't intervene until it's too late. Also like stated in the article it was done while her parents were at work so, I will say it is hard to catch your kid doing something if you are not there!

Very true.. I guess since I don't frequent scratchers I don't know what kinda stuff they have hahahaha... Either way I do feel like parents are very detached from their kids these days and being at work is just another excuse to not practice real parenting. I don't really want to get into that whole argument in earnest though because a) it's a huge can of worms with very strong opinions from most people and b) i don't have kids of my own and never will !

Very true.. I guess since I don't frequent scratchers I don't know what kinda stuff they have hahahaha... Either way I do feel like parents are very detached from their kids these days and being at work is just another excuse to not practice real parenting. I don't really want to get into that whole argument in earnest though because a) it's a huge can of worms with very strong opinions from most people and b) i don't have kids of my own and never will !

Agreed, as I am not a parent I cannot fully understand the whole argument.

Also know scratchers comes with living in crappy neighborhoods. They are a dime a dozen here! I think it goes along the lines of "cool" and "easy money"....plus in lower income areas people cannot afford good tattooers. I just feel lucky I never got convinced to go under the needle of one of these hacks.

Although truejew seems to be posting a few comments just to go against the grain, I am going to have to agree with this subject. Not just for Oliver Peck, but for the unknown number that is how many known tattooers got there start at that young age tattooing. Of coarse now we can look back and say you are wrong, what you are doing is unclean, you will hurt people permanently... this is a kid tattooing kids, it just seems different then reports about adults doing.

Well isn't that why we tattoo? Cause we enjoy it and its cool...

If it wasn't we would have to go down to home depot to get tattooed.

Luckily our society has a set checks and balances to weed out phonies. Course kitchen magicians will exist till the end of time. I just don't think you should knock every kid for trying. They might be the next Tim Hendrix.

I honestly think that our education system is fucked but that's a whole new discussion.

The first tattoo I ever saw done was because someone's mom had to work the night shift. Kids tattooing kids seems pretty innocent and par for the course on how i grew up, although I don't think any money (at least of any significance) changed hands in my experiences and that is probably the only thing i think is the difference and the reason it was handled this way. Kids being kids vs Illegal business is a fine line. But ultimately like most cases the lesson is not to be dumb enough to get caught.

But kids now have more opportunity to be caught, with social networks vs the grape vine. No denying it, parents can read what you wrote. Kids or perents just need to get smarter now that the playing field has changed. Now as for the money, a hundred is valued less then when I'm sure we were growing up. So sure it as cheaper for kids to get tattoos back then cause life was cheaper back then.

Facebook was her downfall in this case and while that wasn't an issue in my teen years , there certainly was an understanding that some things we engaged in were illegal and required a little discretion in order to not get caught whether that be carrying visine to not look stoned or not tattooing some kid who's mom would turn you in or whatever the situation dictated, those who didn't practice it were caught and made examples of. At the end of the day I feel sorry for the kid, but there no way I can justify saying that letting a 17 year old run a tattoo shop out of her parents house is a good idea or should be legal under any circumstances. Hopefully it's a lesson learned and not a life ruiner for her.