Man takes shots at the Whitehouse and oh he has tattoos

Lochlan

Saw this and thought the title could use some reworking plus content with the media trying to paint pictures in peoples minds. Look at the source....is it still a "no-no" in Jewish tradition to get tattooed? Isn't there something where you can't be buried in a Jewish cemetery if you get tattooed? Someone with knowledge on this please educate me with proper facts.....

Oh yes and lets make this fun....I can think of a million other titles this article could be titled that would be more relevant to the story and not paint a biased picture and push your agenda....... What would you title this article?

Man with ‘Israel’ tattoo charged with attempting to assassinate Obama

November 17, 2011

WASHINGTON (JTA) -- A man arrested in an alleged shooting near the White House who has "Israel" tattooed on his neck was charged with attempting to assassinate President Obama.

Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, 21, was charged Thursday during a hearing before a federal magistrate in Pittsburgh. He will be taken to Washington for trial.

In a Nov. 12 web posting, the U.S. Park Police said they were seeking Ortega-Hernandez in the Nov. 11 shooting in the 1600 block of Constitution Avenue in Washington, between the White House and the Washington Monument.

Pennsylvania State Police on Wednesday arrested Ortega-Hernandez, whom they said may be mentally ill, according to an ABC news report.

The Park Police, the authority in the area of the National Mall, found evidence, including a gun and spent shells, in a vehicle abandoned several blocks away that led to Ortega's arrest warrant.

The web posting described Ortega-Hernandez, who is from Idaho, as 5 feet, 11 inches and 160 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair and with the following marks: "His right hand has a tattoo of three dots, he has a tattoo stating 'Ortega' on his upper back, a tattoo on his right chest of rosary beads and hands clasped in prayer, a tattoo of folded hands on left chest, and the words 'Israel' tattooed on left side of neck."

Photos of a bearded Ortega pictured outdoors and smiling, and showing his "Israel" tattoo in a flowery script, appear on the web posting. It is not clear how the police obtained the photos.

Police reportedly asked demonstrators with the Occupy Wall Street movement encamped nearby if they had seen Ortega among them.

The U.S. Secret Service on Tuesday discovered two bullets that hit the White House. One was lodged in a protected glass window on the residential level.

JTA

Years ago there was a guy named Richard Speck who became USA's 1st televised mass murderer and the coverage and articles always ended with "and he had Born to Raise Hell tattooed on his arm", like it made him do it or he had some pre disposed destiny due to the tattoo.

Even up into the 80's I was always shocked by articles written by "Top Psychologists" that were quoted to say that if you had a tattoo you were destined for prison....

I have a werewolf tattooed on me but I'm not a big Twilight fan,ha!

him having israel on his neck would make me think its probably a kids name or something more related to that than religion or political since his name is obviously not jewish nor do any of his other tattoos sound jewish. he has mostly pseudo religious tattoos, things that are common amongst folks who aren't really religious.

but at least the media is finally starting to realize that tattooed people are dangerous. :)

him having israel on his neck would make me think its probably a kids name or something more related to that than religion or political since his name is obviously not jewish nor do any of his other tattoos sound jewish. he has mostly pseudo religious tattoos, things that are common amongst folks who aren't really religious.

I was thinking the same thing. I knew several people growing up named Israel, so that's what I immediately thought of.

Praying hands tattoo + rosary tattoo + Hispanic last name= not Muslim, so I guess Fox won't be able to add fuel to that hate fire. I am surprised they didn't spin it into "Are Mexican Drug Cartels Taking Aim at The White House?" :eek: