Last time you got tattooed? (THE ITCH)

Petri Aspvik

I've been getting my old work covered finally. All of that Little Vinnie flash I thought was so cool in the early nineties is being covered up with big bold color work. Lance McClaine covered a piece on my right arm with some bold roses......Corey Rogers did a Panther head bustin out of a rose, then TimmyTatts did a big bowling pin eagle on my right forearm........Still have a ways to go, but I am loving my arms again.

would love to see these new pieces

I keep on getting more of my sleeve completed bit by bit about once a month. Longest period between tattoos was about 4 years. My last session was a week and a few days ago and I don't have another appointment till the first week in the New Year :) During the time I have been getting my sleeve done, I have been planning out what my next tattoos will be!

Well looks like I am going to be getting tattooed regularly. Just started my lady head over at Invisible and am booked out till the end of March, then follows another artist. At the end of it I will be consecutively tattooed for over a year solid with a month break at most. I have a feeling my itch will be satisfied for awhile!

• 3 weeks later...

The wife just got a really nice lady head/airplane from Cris Cleen. Regardless your opinion of the dude it's a brilliant tattoo!

So much of "the itch" is made that much more itchy by who you're surrounded by. Especially when your lady is getting tattooed and is really stoked on it. Our door guy at the bar just started a whole backpiece and me and his brother-in-law (the other bartender) basically spent like 20 minutes getting giddy over the iphone picture and then just talking about random tattoo shit. It's all so positive and exciting I almost can't handle it. It's great to have others to... get itchy with.

My last work was done I think in September of last year. It was the completion of a good size leg piece, the first multiple session work I've had done. If things work out I'm hoping to get to finishing my right arm(about 6 hours or so left) before the end of March this year. Since I started getting tattooed I think the longest I've gone was about 18 months. At about the 6 month mark I really start to get the itch and will usually spend the next 6 months planing and saving. I think about once a year is good for me. I enjoy the whole tattooing experience so I don't want to run out of skin too early.

I do the same thing. All the time I spend looking at and reading about tattooing on the web makes me wish I could get tattooed about once a month.

So far for me its been about once a month, and it never gets old. A big plus to no breaks is you get used to non-stop healing, which becomes routine

I think the longest between tattoos for me since I turned 18 has been a year and a half? I think it averages out to three or four months from finishing one piece to starting another, funds permitting. I recently got both feet tattooed and the month long wait between the first and the second was killing me, I couldn't wait to see the finished product. Got to agree with gougetheeyes though, that 'the itch' gets worse when I hang around with other people getting tattoos, keeps them on my mind.