The Swastika symbol in tattoos

Iwar

Looks like Thomas Hooper has fallen afoul of some of the controversy around this symbol : Anyone else on his newsletter? He posted a picture of himself wearing a new t-shirt with the asian 'repeat pattern' described in this thread, and later sent out an apology message because he got complaints...

i dont get his newsletter or blog updates. in his message, did he include info on what the sayagata is?

Sooooo silly. I think its the Jondix shirt. Thomas shouldnt need to apologize for other peoples ignorance.

I don't feel that his apology is sincere, since much like myself I doubt he thinks it's necessary. Thomas is, for want of a better word, a 'public figure' now and I reckon he doesn't want his brand tarnished by other people's ignorance. So it's probably just easier to 'apologize' than to educate.

I'm surprised that he has people that follow his blog that don't understand what he was wearing....

that's exactly what i was thinking, the ultimate irony. makes you wonder if they are really into what he's doing or because someone else has told them it's cool. the great thing about that shirt too is that it's also easy enough to look at it and just see a bunch of repeating crosses. i'm offended that this shirt is trying to subliminally convert me to christianity. yarg...

that's exactly what i was thinking, the ultimate irony. makes you wonder if they are really into what he's doing or because someone else has told them it's cool.

Same thought. Guessing anyone that took issue isn't very familiar with his work. Or life in general. Safer for him to just publish an articulate apology for those people to feel satisfied. Better PR than to say, "You're all a bag of dicks, go pick up a book."

@exume -

Same thing with me, I have to actively make myself not see the crosses.

I see the point about the nature of his blog, and his followers: It seems surprising that someone would be signed up to follow his posts and yet be offended by a pattern like that (surely it has featured before, even if only incidentally, in a pic of Jondix's work or similar).

• 4 weeks later...

sorry, what's 1488 mean? symbology, It is our business. Sometimes people just want to be offended for the attention. Ive see people in the south claim to be offended by the state flag of Alabama, as far as I know it has nothing to do with the civil war. Although it may be another battle flag.Some in the south are proud of their ancesteral history ,as anyone could be, sometimes it seems thats all we have . Im proud of my portuges mariners, Im proud of all the foolish people in my heritage. as Americans we often feel, because of the melting pot that it is, without cultural background. So we claw at, glom onto,and try to hold onto any symbalance of culture or heritage we can find. Thicken your skin and love the variety I say. Its easy to hurt the feelings of the ignorant.If you run around trying to offend others, you probably need hobbies.

@Kev, interesting point about runes. I saw a guy on the bus a while back who had very freshly tattooed runes on his knuckles, some other black and gray stuff on his hands, and a big celtic choker tattooed around his neck. My assumption was that he probably also had "1488" tattooed on him somewhere, but maybe I'm wrong.

Well said,It's usually easier and much more diplomatic to not argue with the ignorant.

Same thought. Guessing anyone that took issue isn't very familiar with his work. Or life in general. Safer for him to just publish an articulate apology for those people to feel satisfied. Better PR than to say, "You're all a bag of dicks, go pick up a book."

sorry, what's 1488 mean?

The 88 stands for "Heil Hitler," since H is the 8th letter of the alphabet. The 14 is for the 14 words in the white power creed (or some shit like that--I really don't wanna look it up and have google suggest Skrewdriver records to me).

sorry, what's 1488 mean? symbology, It is our business. Sometimes people just want to be offended for the attention. Ive see people in the south claim to be offended by the state flag of Alabama, as far as I know it has nothing to do with the civil war. Although it may be another battle flag.Some in the south are proud of their ancesteral history ,as anyone could be, sometimes it seems thats all we have . Im proud of my portuges mariners, Im proud of all the foolish people in my heritage. as Americans we often feel, because of the melting pot that it is, without cultural background. So we claw at, glom onto,and try to hold onto any symbalance of culture or heritage we can find. Thicken your skin and love the variety I say. Its easy to hurt the feelings of the ignorant.If you run around trying to offend others, you probably need hobbies.

i had considered mentioning the rebel flag in this thread just to see what an international view might be. where i grew up in the south, it was always a huge issue and many claimed it to be racist and had the same level of distain for it as a swastika..sometimes even more so. but i noticed after moving to ohio that there isn't the same stigma attached to it here. i noticed on my last visit that there are still several places that fly the original georgia state flag that used to include the battle flag as part of it. i'm not sure why but eventhough i grew up with it being such a controversial symbol i don't attach the same meaning to it as those that would use it as a symbol of hatred nor those who would allow it to be used to intimidate them.

Ok guys sorry for going off topic with this post but i didn't see the need to post a new topic for it.

Just wondering what this symbol is called and what the true meaning is. (without the white pride world wide part)

Stormfrontlogo.png

I know it has a lot to do with the white supremacy.

But does it represent white skin, or white blood line. eg. against any white person who breeds with another race..

any info will be appreciated.

Thanks.