The Swastika symbol in tattoos

Iwar

Ok guys sorry for going off topic with this post but i didn't see the need to post a new topic for it.

Just wondering what this symbol is called and what the true meaning is. (without the white pride world wide part)

Stormfrontlogo.png

I know it has a lot to do with the white supremacy.

But does it represent white skin, or white blood line. eg. against any white person who breeds with another race..

any info will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Simplified Sun Wheel

Complex seems to about sum it up.

Re: The confederate flag and international perceptions of it ... I can only speak from personal experience, but I think in Ireland it is associated with things like the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard, truckers, an idea of 'rednecks' from movies etc. ... And probably there is awareness that it is a contentious symbol in relation to the contemporary US politics and the US Civil war (or should I call that the War of Northern Aggression? ...Joking).

Im impressed with your understanding of the American ''southern thing''. ya gotta love the South. Now how bout some "sweet tea''.

Complex seems to about sum it up.

Re: The confederate flag and international perceptions of it ... I can only speak from personal experience, but I think in Ireland it is associated with things like the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard, truckers, an idea of 'rednecks' from movies etc. ... And probably there is awareness that it is a contentious symbol in relation to the contemporary US politics and the US Civil war (or should I call that the War of Northern Aggression? ...Joking).

I remember the first time my brother's friend pulled up in jacked up mudder Bronco, booming Run DMC's "Dumb Girl" out of a box with two 12's-such an odd juxtaposition. My other neighbor who's dad was a wood worker and built a halfpipe in their backyard, had a matching Confederate flag skateboard and surfboard. Such was my childhood.

Although I have only lived in the south for 5 years, I do note that just about the only people I see ever displaying it, defending it as cultural heritage, and whatnot are all white people. Some of these people are friends of mine, and are definitely not racist.

But, I could count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a black man or woman wearing it/sticker on car/whatever. We are definitely talking about an over 99%/less than 1% ratio.

True observation. Just saying.

Ive seen a black chick wearing a rebel flag bikini, ya gotta love cultural breakdown. Im originally from the SF bay area. where are you originally from Irezumi? just curiousity, transplants are interesting to me.

Although I have only lived in the south for 5 years, I do note that just about the only people I see ever displaying it, defending it as cultural heritage, and whatnot are all white people. Some of these people are friends of mine, and are definitely not racist.

But, I could count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a black man or woman wearing it/sticker on car/whatever. We are definitely talking about an over 99%/less than 1% ratio.

True observation. Just saying.

i live in the south. you only see white people flyin a confederate flag...that might be a hint that it is racist.

not that black folk in america can't be racist...but they didn't kidnap a bunch of white people and bring them here and enslave them.

and a confederate flag is a reminder of that past history.

don't care to debate slavery and the civil war but whenever people tell me that flying the rebel flag is some sort of heritage thing i just have think it's complete bullshit.

I don't generally worry about people's "soapbox" issues. It's their sandbag to carry. People will invent issues for attention,when there really aren't any. Let's keep it light,eh? "can't we all just get along'' hehe.this thread was about swastikas. symbolism is great ,almost better than the written languages.images ,art,all of it will always, if strong will bring reaction. sometimes its cultural connotation is the strength. when art brings reaction it is strong.good or bad, whether you like it or not.whether you agree or not.sometimes people do shit or say shit to get your reaction , if you react they are controlling you.

i live in the south. you only see white people flyin a confederate flag...that might be a hint that it is racist.

not that black folk in america can't be racist...but they didn't kidnap a bunch of white people and bring them here and enslave them.

and a confederate flag is a reminder of that past history.

don't care to debate slavery and the civil war but whenever people tell me that flying the rebel flag is some sort of heritage thing i just have think it's complete bullshit.

Ive seen a black chick wearing a rebel flag bikini, ya gotta love cultural breakdown.

I've done a tattoo of a rebel flag on a black man, but everybody in the shop was thunder-struck by this. Cultural breakdown is right.

Im originally from the SF bay area. where are you originally from Irezumi? just curiousity, transplants are interesting to me

Originally from Long Island, but most of my adult life was spent in Baltimore & Minneapolis.

Yes, my grlfriend ,raised in the south, has known a few good black men with ''rebel tattoos''. its always tough to judge,I try and stay out of it.

I've done a tattoo of a rebel flag on a black man, but everybody in the shop was thunder-struck by this. Cultural breakdown is right.

Originally from Long Island, but most of my adult life was spent in Baltimore & Minneapolis.

Yes, I've got one or two.

Yes, they're native American -part of a design on/in a head-dress tattoo.

No, the point isn't to be confrontational.

No, they're not visible on a day to day basis.

My screen name -on the other hand- was originally to be a confrontational dickhead. A troll if you will.

While I'm divulging information on tattoos I've got that may or may not offend, for the record, I've also got a tattoo of a laurel wreath, a rune (Eihwaz), a pentagram, a portrait of Satan, and a Krampus.

Soooo,

Who wants to be friends?

Yes, I've got one or two.

Yes, they're native American -part of a design on/in a head-dress tattoo.

No, the point isn't to be confrontational.

No, they're not visible on a day to day basis.

My screen name -on the other hand- was originally to be a confrontational dickhead. A troll if you will.

While I'm divulging information on tattoos I've got that may or may not offend, for the record, I've also got a tattoo of a laurel wreath, a rune (Eihwaz), a pentagram, a portrait of Satan, and a Krampus.

Soooo,

Who wants to be friends?

I would be a lot more offended if you had a Dolly Parton portrait with that quote from your signature ;)

Sometimes a confederate flag is just a flag. Far more racist things have been done under the Union flag, but no one bitches about that. The slaughter of Native Americans for one. Just the opinion of some guy on the internet.

art_img_131.jpg

Heres one I found on the Cat Claw Tattoo web site.

Pretty awesome IMO, a funny take on an old stand-by. Although personally "funny" tattoos aren't for me, but I'm glad this is on somebody.

Kinda blatant spot though, but now that I think about it, one of my best friends has a tattoo with swastika incorporated in it right in his elbow ditch. His swasi is even bigger too. Its some old sailor/naval flash if I remember correctly, with a wish bone and some other good luck charm-type-stuff involved.

He doesn't get much flack for it as far as I know, but I guess he can intimidate some people, mostly because hes pretty well covered in tattoos.

Blah blah blah

Now I feel like I've aired out my buddys business. Oh well.

Blah blah blah

Oh yeah,

The above tattoo was done by Hiro.

Ok guys sorry for going off topic with this post but i didn't see the need to post a new topic for it.

Just wondering what this symbol is called and what the true meaning is. (without the white pride world wide part)

Stormfrontlogo.png

I know it has a lot to do with the white supremacy.

But does it represent white skin, or white blood line. eg. against any white person who breeds with another race..

any info will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Think its supposed to represent a Celtic Cross similar to what the Crusaders wore/carried when they done their bit for peace in the middle east ...

http://gbgm-umc.org/umw/anti-hate/symbolsofhate.html

Think its supposed to represent a Celtic Cross similar to what the Crusaders wore/carried when they done their bit for peace in the middle east ...

Symbols of Hate

as mentioned before it's a pagan sunwheel/odin's cross. most neo-racist groups have appropriated pagan imagery i assume in rejection to judeo-christian culture. originially the sunwheel represented the sun and the 4 separate sections represent the 4 seasons.

i suppose that is accurate though that version of a celtic cross still has it's origins tied to the sun wheel. ironically, even the christian legend of st patricks "invention" of the celtic cross relates to him combining the sun and the cross. like most christian symbols/lore/etc are slight alterations of pagan origin.