I bought this book- Amazon.com: New York City Tattoo: The Oral History of an Urban Art (9780945367208): Michael McCabe, Hubert, Jr. Selby: Books and went to some of the shops and had them sign it.I had to take a subway,and a bus,to get to Polito's shop.Also went to Pete Giaquinto's shop in Queens.Here's a pic of Pete. Tattoos By Casey

Another guy who's been tattooing in Brooklyn for many years is Stevetattoos.com I believe he works with Polito a few day's a week.

Ronnie Dell'Aquila is another legend who still tattoos in Allentown. Swallows&Daggers | Interviews | Smivee Valencia In this article Smivee talks about him.I believe Ronnie may tattoo at his shop sometimes.

Lance Mc Clain is still goin strong in Hawaii, my mate just got tattooed off him. Danny Romo is still doin 3 days at least at Shamrock in Hollywood for the real old East LA style. Phil Bond is probably still tattooing in Torquay England with 2 of his sons, he always did great tattoos. And Dennis Cockell has a new shop in Soho in London and is there all week, Dennis painted some of the nicest tattoo flash ever, most of it is still in the shop in Walkers Court that Darryl Gates has now. There are a lot of real good tattooers with 30 years in still tattooing today, sitting in shops waiting for ya to walk in and get something put on you.

I'm fairly sure Ronnies is in Stroudsburg in Pa. I went there to visit him last year. He was sittin in there middle of the day waitin for business. He had a new set of flash just painted for the Philly con. and has lots of great old photos from over the years. Well worth a visit if enyone is ever in the vicinity. Ronnie tattooed my friends girl recently and the tattoo was beautiful, real nice. He is a real character and a gentleman.

I'm fairly sure Ronnies is in Stroudsburg in Pa. I went there to visit him last year. He was sittin in there middle of the day waitin for business. He had a new set of flash just painted for the Philly con. and has lots of great old photos from over the years. Well worth a visit if enyone is ever in the vicinity. Ronnie tattooed my friends girl recently and the tattoo was beautiful, real nice. He is a real character and a gentleman.

Your right,he's not in Allentown.I remember you had to enter the shop from the alleyway.I didn't know Polito's was closed..Another guy who is good friends with Polito,and still tattoos in the Bronx,is Angelo@ Champion Tattooing.A real nice guy with a lot of history behind him.

Brooklyn's Mike Perfetto

The link is to my buddy Fernando's blog post about his experience visiting this classic/unique Brooklyn shop

MICHAELANGELO | LIONS NYC

The shop is in the basement of a house. It's first come first serve. You wait in line, put your name on the board and go walk around to kill time. One by one the names get knocked off the list. If you are not there you lose your spot. He opens at four. I think they got there a few hours early and dudes were already waiting.

Lance McClaine is going strong. Still paints flash daily, I have been tattooed by him twice, and all guests that work at my shop go pay their respects and get tattooed by him. He will spend literally the whole day on a tattoo the size of your hand, he likes having someone to talk to. He chases people out of the shop when he is tattooing on the tattooers. You can also feast your eyes on some original Sailor Jerry flash on the walls where he works on you. I feel like a slob whenever I go there, he keeps his place OCD neat.

393429_10150433340387636_602117635_8781894_1274520414_n_thumb.jpg

Lance did this one ten years ago. He called me back the next day freaking out. He said he woke up in the middle of the night and remembered that he forgot to tattoo the nipple on her. Then said, show it around, and if nobody says anything, then we wont worry about it.............if anyone notices, come back and lets put that nipple on her.

Another who truely fits the tag legend is the godfather of Italian tattooing ,Gian M Fercioni .He pioneered the stylish Italian look of reduced palette and plenty of skin within beautiful traditional design, compounded by his colourful personal style .He's a real tattooers go to guy and is revered in Europe ,personally I would love to see more of his work.

The Lance in Hawaii used to work for Rollo. The Lance from Orlando..........I think is Lance Conklin......who was running around with Milford Barnes down in the San Diego area. Lance from Hawaii is still working in his shop daily. Still wears chinos and aloha shirts everyday. You seriously walk into a time warp when you step into his shop. Very cool guy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think this convention stopped there last year too. And just like this year, I had no clue it was coming until it was here. I haven't really heard anyone mention it. I can't seem to find a lineup either. I might have to stop in though.

http://www.myspace.com/313243738/photos/14729499#{%22ImageId%22%3A14729499}

Edit found lineup still no one that I know tattooing there.

I think this convention stopped there last year too. And just like this year, I had no clue it was coming until it was here. I haven't really heard anyone mention it. I can't seem to find a lineup either. I might have to stop in though.

http://www.myspace.com/313243738/photos/14729499#{%22ImageId%22%3A14729499}

Edit found lineup still no one that I know tattooing there.

There's a short post on the TAM blog

I might check it out as well.