Twenty-Something Women Most Tattooed

ThaliaCamille

(Probably doesn't qualify as "WTF", but it is a new story)

Health News - Twenty something women most tattooed

"According to a study by La Trobe University’s Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) a greater proportion of women aged 20 to 29 are the most tattooed Australians, with almost one in three sporting a tattoo, whereas in the older age groups tattoos were more common among men."

I realised the number was growing, but I wouldn't have guessed 1 in 3.

Apparently the number for all adults is 1 in 7, and like other studies this one finds that "tattoos still appear to be associated with risk-taking behaviour in adults."

"Having been tattooed also correlated with certain risk-taking behaviours, most notably smoking, cannabis use, and greater numbers of lifetime sexual partners... Tattooing was popular among men who had not finished secondary school, tradesmen, and women who did not live with their partners, whereas men and women who had completed postsecondary education were less likely to have a tattoo."

Most tattooed people I know don't fit that description - my friends are university educated, non smokers (and many non drinkers) etc.

I would be interested to know how many people would describe themselves as "risk-takers" in general - I wouldn't, yet here I am (seemingly defying the statistics).