Religious tattoos...on the non-religious

slayer9019

You should look into the occult then. There is lots of research regarding supernatural things, backed up by some scientific proof though I have to say what some refer to as a demon or spirit for example, to researchers is energy that can be measured using machinery, that can cause a tear in the matrix if someone dies a gruesome death for example...

So while I don't believe in classic Angels and Demons..it is interesting to read that unexplained phenomenons exist.

yeaah, you sortof lost me at "tear in the matrix" but absolutely energy both positive and negative is very real, and energy can never be destroyed.

positive thoughts vibrated at higher/ positive frequencies which attract and draw in more positive energy. Mind over matter. and just the same the opposite is true. when negative thoughts or energy is released it brings about more. There is a constant struggle of both positive and negative energy in the world, and the most any of us can hope for is to share some positive vibes with those around us who need it most. cause a chain reaction.

yeaah, you sortof lost me at "tear in the matrix" but absolutely energy both positive and negative is very real, and energy can never be destroyed.

positive thoughts vibrated at higher/ positive frequencies which attract and draw in more positive energy. Mind over matter. and just the same the opposite is true. when negative thoughts or energy is released it brings about more. There is a constant struggle of both positive and negative energy in the world, and the most any of us can hope for is to share some positive vibes with those around us who need it most. cause a chain reaction.

Well maybe it wasn't said the best. English isn't my first language. But what you describe sums it up and it is in Hermeticism also.

So many assume that what is perceived as demons etc. is negative energy that vibrates at a certain frequency and picked up by certain individuals only because of their vibration.

Although this doesn't explain why some people see actual manifestations...or what is described at Ghost Forums.

Well maybe it wasn't said the best. English isn't my first language. But what you describe sums it up and it is in Hermeticism also.

So many assume that what is perceived as demons etc. is negative energy that vibrates at a certain frequency and picked up by certain individuals only because of their vibration.

Although this doesn't explain why some people see actual manifestations...or what is described at Ghost Forums.

hallucinations are hallucinations, but combine them with multi dimensional energy, and you've got some crazy stories. is it literally what they think they perceive? most likely not, because as humans we're still limited to our own imaginations and senses, but there are things we can't explain that could be as real as anything. /justathought ;)

seeing some awesome demon/devil head art really makes me want something like that. possibly something to represent the positive also, but i'm not a fan of angels very much

i smell hippys ;) <3

hey man, like, sometimes , i just, like, don't feel like, showering, ya know?? :p

i smell hippys ;) <3

Dark Hippies ? :D

hallucinations are hallucinations, but combine them with multi dimensional energy, and you've got some crazy stories. is it literally what they think they perceive? most likely not, because as humans we're still limited to our own imaginations and senses, but there are things we can't explain that could be as real as anything. /justathought ;)

seeing some awesome demon/devil head art really makes me want something like that. possibly something to represent the positive also, but i'm not a fan of angels very much

It's a possibility..there are so many theories out there it makes my head spin sometimes. All interesting but then there are some really frilly stories about angels etc. that just sound too fairytale- ish :D

But then again.. weird stuff I have experienced for myself. I'm just not so quick to paint a colorful picture.

I think a demon can represent both. The whole "Angels are good" and "Demons are bad" thing is more of a modern religious view I suppose. A demon could look pretty awesome as a tattoo with all the detail and shading.

I really love traditional style crosses and sacred hearts, but I'm wrestling with if I'd ever want to get one on myself because I'm not religious at all. My boyfriend is a Catholic, and in his opinion, it's sacrilegious for a Catholic to get a sacred heart (maybe even more so than an atheist/agnostic). Not saying my boyfriend's opinion is the be all end all, but I'd never really thought about it that way. I'm not sure I'd want someone to see an image that's linked with Christianity and assume I'm Christian, or worse, assume I'm trying to be blasphemous. I just like how they look. But in a world where tattoos have to have a meaning, I'm not sure I want people making assumptions about what they're supposed to mean.

But in a world where tattoos have to have a meaning, I'm not sure I want people making assumptions about what they're supposed to mean.
I really love traditional style crosses and sacred hearts

seems like a good enough reason to me!

I think it would be a good idea to have strong convictions in your own beliefs, as well as have a well thought out response to impending inquiries/ reactions to such imagery..

And definitely make sure you're willing/ prepared to deal with such reactions.