Japanese-style foot tattoos

cc13

I'm looking for some inspiration for Japanese-style foot tattoos, ideally with plenty of foot coverage but without being something that really should be bigger, if that makes sense? ie I'm not wanting to squeeze a dragon on there or something. Coverage like this, but other subject ideas and example pics would be appreciated.

Thanks guys. That Horitoshi site is a bit of a ball-ache to navigate eh? Oh to speak Japanese!

Tex those feet are awesome. I guess something similar but full-on Japanese could be a hannya mask or something. Very nice.

Out of interest - how long did it take your feet to recover and be reasonably usable?

To be honest, the foot isn't really a traditional Japanese spot to tattoo. You could get many different images done their though, sea creatures, small animals, masks... are you wanting a background with it or just a "one point" japanese tattoo?

For Bunshin Horitoshi's site it is easy to navigate once you look around a bit, but here is a link to his tattoos ?????????

[edit] just click on the "bu, sai, gi, gen, you,...." for different galleries.

That's all great stuff guys. Thalia that octopus is very cool. I know the foot isn't going to throw up a huge amount of Japanese reference because they then to end mid-calf or at the ankles, but I'm slowly planning the various bits and pieces I fancy getting and the idea of something on the foot really appeals. The obvious downside is the hobbling around and funky footwear for a while thereafter! I might not end up going Japanese for it, but was thinking something to tie-in with what I'm planning for my arm and chest would be cool.

It's not difficult to add a Japanese style background to an image of a rose, if that's what you want. Your best bet is to decide on an image you want on your foot, then look at artists you are willing to travel to, to get work done by. Once you find an artist who's work you like, you can meet them and tell them what you want in your tattoo, tell them how big you'd like it, and go from there.