Advice for sitting still(er)

remindsmeofyou

Sweet, so all I need to do is bring my dad with me to hold me down?

No no, see, the tattooer comes right to you and does it in your living room. Talk about service!

When I got my pec done, I was in the laying down position, I had to sit on my hand to stop my shoulder from tweaking out. I'm in the same boat as you with it, it was totally involuntary. Flexing the fingers and making a fist seemed to help too. I think it was just a circulation problem from being locked in to one position for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with sitting still, even when not being jabbed. I fidget all the time and it only gets worse when i HAVE to be still. I have to use meditation tricks to keep myself for tattooing. When I got my calf done was the first time I experienced reaction muscle twitching, but it only seemed to happen in the area closer to the back. The guy who was doing the tattoo was a friend though so he pretty much pinned my foot and knee down and got to work, giving me small breaks to rest his hands and for me to flex my leg. We made it through the piece that way, but it was not fun.

Here's the best advice I ever gave someone. I was at the shop waiting for my dude to finish a tattoo on a soccer mom type who was jumping all over and freaking out (this was before he even started!). She saw the tattoos I had and asked me the same question, how can I sit better. My reply? "Don't be a fucking pussy and just sit there" She didn't like the comment and I could tell, but god damn she sat through that tattoo without a complaint.

I used to be the same way, and I took that same advice. Don't be a pussy. Just sit there and take it. If you can't, take some pain killers, they really really do help.

I went from not being able to get tattooed longer than 30 mins to having a back piece and a lot of other shitty spots without too much trouble.

I have also found that eating right on a regular basis, working out, and staying hydrated all help too.

Here's the best advice I ever gave someone. I was at the shop waiting for my dude to finish a tattoo on a soccer mom type who was jumping all over and freaking out (this was before he even started!). She saw the tattoos I had and asked me the same question, how can I sit better. My reply? "Don't be a fucking pussy and just sit there" She didn't like the comment and I could tell, but god damn she sat through that tattoo without a complaint.

I used to be the same way, and I took that same advice. Don't be a pussy. Just sit there and take it. If you can't, take some pain killers, they really really do help.

I went from not being able to get tattooed longer than 30 mins to having a back piece and a lot of other shitty spots without too much trouble.

I have also found that eating right on a regular basis, working out, and staying hydrated all help too.

I just got back from a richard stell session and everyone gave props for the way I sat. I tried to be modest but towards the end if someone handed me a pill and said this will make it all better I would have cheated and took it lol.

I think your spot on ursula about eating well and even taking some snacks to eat while getting tattooed

Scott you sat like a fucking champ. Props for sure you made me and a whole lotta other dudes look like pussies, we're all like hell nah, no way we're gonna sit that long without some medicinal buffer.

You got a lot of open space anytime you wanna get tattooed and we're around holler... I know Richard didn't mind working on you at all... And it's nice to have clients that do their own homework because they are into it... Thanks a Bunch! Let me know if you need anything.

Glad you made the drive back to OKC safe, we just got back to the motel 30 minutes or so ago, LONG DAY, but so good in a full way.

Scott you sat like a fucking champ. Props for sure you made me and a whole lotta other dudes look like pussies, we're all like hell nah, no way we're gonna sit that long without some medicinal buffer.

You got a lot of open space anytime you wanna get tattooed and we're around holler... I know Richard didn't mind working on you at all... And it's nice to have clients that do their own homework because they are into it... Thanks a Bunch! Let me know if you need anything.

Glad you made the drive back to OKC safe, we just got back to the motel 30 minutes or so ago, LONG DAY, but so good in a full way.

Jennifer I had a great time except for that big ass bastard stabbing my fucking side for hrs HA. It was a great experience one that I would very much like to repeat when our paths cross again. Hope you guys have great travels and I will look to keep up with your posts on here untill I nut up and get a facebook or other social networking thing you guys use.

@Scott R, fantastic. Regarding the sitting and probably more importantly getting tattooed by Stell. Great job dude. Photos?

@gougetheeyes I was worried how I would sit, heard he was heavy handed and was going to be in some tough areas. The first 2 hrs didnt bother me outside of a few spots for the outline.(mainly because of all the good and sometimes laugh out loud stories) Sometime after that he buckled down and got to work the next few hrs i felt every pass and I was raw as shit but just told myself I am getting tattooed my choice and some poor suckers are out there in real pain or even dying. I will get a picture from jennifer and post

Edit- i found a picture on their twitter I assume it would be cool to snatch it and bring it here but for etiquette purposes I will send PM to jen

@gougetheeyes I was worried how I would sit, heard he was heavy handed and was going to be in some tough areas. The first 2 hrs didnt bother me outside of a few spots for the outline.(mainly because of all the good and sometimes laugh out loud stories) Sometime after that he buckled down and got to work and I was raw as shit but just told myself I am getting tattooed my choice and some poor suckers are out there in real pain or even dying. I will get a picture from jennifer and post

That's awesome! I think so much of it is mental and if you're not in the right head space, it'll just suck all around. Can't wait to see the finished product!

When i got the top of my leg done (right above the knee) i had trouble with my reflexes and my lower leg twitching

I got around it by relaxing my leg and hooking my foot around the table leg and i got through it without incidentally kicking the artist. who said he would "zap the shit out of my nuts", if i did hahaha

• 4 years later...

I sat for three hours for my left arm tattoo and although the pain was really bearable (I almost fell asleep during the lining), I had horrible twitching in my left LEG during the third hour. I tried to hold it with right leg, but it didn't help much. So annoying, other than that I sat like a rock. I would like to avoid it for the next time, but I don't know how.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk