Typically this:

Amazon.com: Krylon 6-Ounce Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating Aerosol Spray: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Sometimes a glaze:

Amazon.com: Design Master 11-Ounce Surface Treatment Aerosol Spray, Dresden Clear Glaze: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Most of this should be at you local art store, or worse, Michaels.

@CultExciter thanks heaps!! I know of a great supply store. Death to Michael's, haha

Another panther attempt.

You asked for constructive crits, I have a couple of tips/questions. When you compose your sheets, do you have line drawings that you trace onto the painting page or do you draw them right on? The snake looks pretty good, actually. The only thing I'd suggest is keeping a bit more negative space within, so those lovely rich colors can really pop out.

Panthers.. oh panthers, how I love you. Such a beautifully simplistic and yet difficult design. One of the things I'm noticing in those panthers are the shoulders. One shoulder is right out there on the inside arm, and the outer shoulder is hardly visible. The most important thing to take into consideration when drawing panthers is the surrounding space created by the shapes of the animal. I think that the tails on the panthers and snake could create more interesting negative spaces if you played around with them a bit more. Consider how the eye moves through your design. Where is the focal point? What part of the image is my eye drawn to first? Where do my eyes end up when I've finished looking at it? Are there any unnecessary details present in the design that prevent my eyes from moving through the image smoothly? Tracing old designs, line for line, is super educational as an exercise. Always give credit to the original artist if you do an exact reproduction, of course, but it really has helped me learn a lot about composition and the impacting nature of traditional tattoos. It's apparent that you have a keen eye for design, and I think that if you work out some of those kinks, your work will really shine. Cheers!

Thanks, really appreciate encouragement and the advise.

Usually I spend time trying to get the drawing to the point where I am happy on with it on paper, then I trace it onto the watercolour paper with the help of a light box. Usually I do one design at a time with an idea of what I want on the sheet then try to draw things to fill spaces.

Definitely will take on your advise, really enjoy doing these paintings keeps me off the computer and away fro the TV.

Thanks, really appreciate encouragement and the advise.

Usually I spend time trying to get the drawing to the point where I am happy on with it on paper, then I trace it onto the watercolour paper with the help of a light box. Usually I do one design at a time with an idea of what I want on the sheet then try to draw things to fill spaces.

Definitely will take on your advise, really enjoy doing these paintings keeps me off the computer and away fro the TV.

I think I phrased my question wrong, but you still answered it, haha. When composing whole sheets of flash, I like to have every design I want to use ready as a line drawing. It really helps them fit on the page well when you can move around the drawings on the back so that they're spaced evenly and aren't distracting from each other.

Heck yeah! Keep it up. I'm finding myself painting more and it really is nice.. very relaxing, and I can't agree more about wanting to spend more time away from the computer and tv. Can't wait to see more stuff!

i always hesitate to post in here because i'm not a tattooer nor at all good but some constructive criticism would be nice. made this one today. ]

What paint are you using? looks clean

I am not a tattooer either, just enjoying painting it is keeping me out of trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is one I finished recently, Managed to spill some ink on it and then this happened dont look at it for to long or you might get sick Ha Ha.

IMG_0546_zps7d9baff6.jpg

Another dagger effort.

IMG_0609_zps45900aac.jpg

Not quite along the lines of most of the thread, but this is a sculpture I just finished for a local skateboard art show. Each deck does have a tattoo design stenciled onto it, except two that have some lettering in a taped off graffiti sort of style. This was just after the first test ride... I'll try to link to my buddy's Instavideo of it as well.

1175235_10101174786250901_1815816796_n.jpg

Instagram

I think I have a group shot of most of the boards, as well as a few more photos in action, if anyone would like to see them as well.

• 2 weeks later...