if I may ask, are you at all influenced by Timothy Hoyer's work?

(I notice very subtle similarities, definitely took me a second look to pick up on it. Just curious!)

its hard to say. i normally set out to do the exact opposite of what inspires me for the soul purpose of trying to bring something of my own to the table.

i definitely love his tattooing from the late 90's and early 2000's( i started tattooing in 97-98) and have always loved his painting. the little that ive seen of what he does now still gets me going but i dont try to emulate it consciously. there are so many things that are floating in the back of my head. i honestly can say that what i like the most, is the art that would be associated with metal. specifically heavy metal magazine but i cant stand most metal. puss head, biz, frank frazetta... shit like that. i also like the classics. my whole point to to build off of history. to copy your contemporaries just helps you produce whats popular which is definitely necessary to survive.

i have more thoughts but i cant sort them right now. kinda feel like i jumbled a bunch of shit together to answer your question. :p

ive been doing off beat weird shit for a long time took a long ass break to clear my head from family shit so im just getting back to where i feel i should of been a few years ago... see im rambling again

anyway hope i answered your question lol

- - - Updated - - -

heres a couple more

its hard to say. i normally set out to do the exact opposite of what inspires me for the soul purpose of trying to bring something of my own to the table.

i definitely love his tattooing from the late 90's and early 2000's( i started tattooing in 97-98) and have always loved his painting. the little that ive seen of what he does now still gets me going but i dont try to emulate it consciously. there are so many things that are floating in the back of my head. i honestly can say that what i like the most, is the art that would be associated with metal. specifically heavy metal magazine but i cant stand most metal. puss head, biz, frank frazetta... shit like that. i also like the classics. my whole point to to build off of history. to copy your contemporaries just helps you produce whats popular which is definitely necessary to survive.

i have more thoughts but i cant sort them right now. kinda feel like i jumbled a bunch of shit together to answer your question. :p

ive been doing off beat weird shit for a long time took a long ass break to clear my head from family shit so im just getting back to where i feel i should of been a few years ago... see im rambling again

anyway hope i answered your question lol

No, that makes perfect sense! Your work very much looks your own. They were just very small things that got me thinking, like the way you move some strokes, your saturation, and shapes/movement. I think it is cool when you can visibly note influences, it kind of provides a window to the artist's tastes and who they are outside of the art. It's also totally inevitable for influences to show through anyone's work and doesn't even necessarily imply copying.

Anyway, your paintings are great and I would totally be interested in prints if you make any!

No, that makes perfect sense! Your work very much looks your own. They were just very small things that got me thinking, like the way you move some strokes, your saturation, and shapes/movement. I think it is cool when you can visibly note influences, it kind of provides a window to the artist's tastes and who they are outside of the art. It's also totally inevitable for influences to show through anyone's work and doesn't even necessarily imply copying.

Anyway, your paintings are great and I would totally be interested in prints if you make any!

thanks :) if you go to my website tattooerman.com and click on the art section you will most of the stuff i have available for prints. then you can email me from there and we can get it sorted if youre interested

thanks again happy holidays

- - - Updated - - -

@G.Uristti the direction you have taken your paintings is amazing. That wolf head and dagger rocks!

thanks so much

all the best

@G.Uristti

I have been wanting to share this with you for a while, but it slipped my mind, when I was staying with my pal Mike and Damon in Brooklyn, I found this hanging on the wall.

awesome... i was wondering what happened to that painting. i donated it to an auction for hurricane sandy relief and no one told me what happened to it. im glad they enjoy it :)

Hard to follow all the awesome stuff going on lately especially since mine is only outlines, the lines in this one took me ages so here it is.

Now trying to figure out how to colour it.

IMG_1489_zpsaeec2aec.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of these turned up yesterday, also have a couple more books on the way. If you don't have the great unknown It is awesome so many good sheets in it.

IMG_1490_zpsda10b8b4.jpg

I'm visiting my parents right now and my mom found a sketchbook I had as a little kid. I must have been six or seven when I was drawing in it, and I was totally stoked to find that even as a little boy I was drawing skeletons, demons, and upside down crosses. I have no idea where this stuff comes from, but at least I come by it honestly.

post-3821-146168862446_thumb.jpg

I'm visiting my parents right now and my mom found a sketchbook I had as a little kid. I must have been six or seven when I was drawing in it, and I was totally stoked to find that even as a little boy I was drawing skeletons, demons, and upside down crosses. I have no idea where this stuff comes from, but at least I come by it honestly.

[ATTACH]9903[/ATTACH]

This is Rad