2012 Most Popular Tattoo Design Projections

• 2 weeks later...
Less perfect pin-ups i.e. missing teeth ,limbs etc .I've noticed Jef Whitehead do this and also a cool Jack mooneyes girl smoking a cigarette in her arm prosthetic.

hans_schroder_pinup1.jpg

By Hans Schroder :) (I've posted previously in the pin ups thread)

Hans Schröder, Malmö Sweden

I saw a "dead crack whore" pin up somewhere recently and I can't remember where it was?...

hmm I have strange feeling that claiming to want a tattoo by Oliver Peck is going to be the new claiming to want tattoos by Kat Von D, or any of the other reality show tattooers.

Just a note about the Wizard tatt trend. I briefly talked to Tim Lehi about doing one a couple years ago, def still want that to happen. His wizards are the fuckin jam. All evil and magical and metal-ey.

hmm I have strange feeling that claiming to want a tattoo by Oliver Peck is going to be the new claiming to want tattoos by Kat Von D, or any of the other reality show tattooers.

Just a note about the Wizard tatt trend. I briefly talked to Tim Lehi about doing one a couple years ago, def still want that to happen. His wizards are the fuckin jam. All evil and magical and metal-ey.

Unfortunately think I think you're right. And I hope that the Tattoo Age doc.s don't go viral and shit, don't get me wrong, but some people don't deserve to get tattooed by some of these great artists, not saying that I even do, but fuck man, I'm scared of how stuffs going. Remember when you had to do your homework to find out whose these people were, then in turn (somehow) earn the right to get tattooed by them. (hope this makes sense, I'm super tired)

4. Female tattooists taking on dumb "professional names" blurring the tattoo artist/suicide girl line.

HA-yeah, what's up with that anyway? 2013 prediction: Rise of the male model tattooer. I say that because I see what a big deal that Rob Genest guy is. I don't get it personally.

20 yrs ago at ''American Grafitti'' the late Eric Hogan did a little modeling, came back with a bunch of ambigously gay post cards, very funny. he tried so hard to be hard.

HA-yeah, what's up with that anyway? 2013 prediction: Rise of the male model tattooer. I say that because I see what a big deal that Rob Genest guy is. I don't get it personally.

4. Female tattooists taking on dumb "professional names" blurring the tattoo artist/suicide girl line.

WORST EVER. I don't fucking get it. Are dudes that desperate to touch an attractive lady that they're willing to get shit tattoos? I know more about tattooing and the history than more than half these bitches and I'm not even a fucking tattooer. These chicks are the ones who ruin it for people like me. Do you know how hard to is to get people at conventions to take me seriously? It's because of these dumb asses. Making people think that all chicks who are attractive and have tattoos are just either trying to be a tattooer, or trying to fuck a bunch of 'name' tattooers. Luckily I'm about a zillion times smarter than most of those chicks so as soon as I start to talk or show people my artwork they start to take me seriously. For real though, it's cause of all those dummies that the stigma of "girls suck at tattooing" and "tattooed girls are whores" exist. Try not showing up a convention with 8 inch heels on and a skirt that can barely be considered a belt.

Sorry for the rant. I just can't stand women who devalue themselves like that. Just to look 'cool'. We'll see who still looks cool and who's still in the tatt game when we're all over 65.