Currently in the market for prints and originals

slayer9019

As I recently acquired a bit more money and a ton of more wall space I am looking at buying any flash (sets or single sheets), original art or prints (prints or original pieces do not have to be tattoo related). As I know there are quite a few artists on this site, as well as friends of artists I thought I would mention it here. PM me if you got something!

Tattoo Elite International always has good flash for sale. (goggle tattoo elite international)

You could also check out Headband Brothers where you will usually find some really great paintings from Scott Harrison and others (google headband brothers or scott harrison)

Dan Higgs has some paintings up for sale on his blog (google higgs gallery)

If you google 'blackheart tattoo blog' they often have information on art and prints for sale by all the guys who work there. Very awesome stuff.

If you go on Facebook and search out "deep six graphics" he makes prints for a lot of tattooers and always knows who's got something cool for sale.

If you ever are in New York city I'd suggest Black Gold Records and Antiques for their selection of awesome art and curios. I'm sure it's easy to find their info online.

Lots of people here have their blog or shop linked in their signature or profile and I know from checking them out that lots of them have art and prints for sale as well.

Personally, my two favourite paintings (that I own) are by Robert Ryan (who I'm sure you can find contact info for online, his stuff is really amazing and reasonably priced) and the other is by 'Taco Warewolf' who you can also find online, it's not tattoo related but I love it.

The favourite prints I own are the panther girl by Mike Wilson (you can buy it on tattoo elite international or from him at conventions/his shop) and my dude owns some really rad Jeff Rassier prints that you can probably get on the Blackheart website or by contacting them at the shop.

anyways hope that helps ya a bit!

Tattoo Elite International always has good flash for sale. (goggle tattoo elite international)

You could also check out Headband Brothers where you will usually find some really great paintings from Scott Harrison and others (google headband brothers or scott harrison)

Dan Higgs has some paintings up for sale on his blog (google higgs gallery)

If you google 'blackheart tattoo blog' they often have information on art and prints for sale by all the guys who work there. Very awesome stuff.

If you go on Facebook and search out "deep six graphics" he makes prints for a lot of tattooers and always knows who's got something cool for sale.

If you ever are in New York city I'd suggest Black Gold Records and Antiques for their selection of awesome art and curios. I'm sure it's easy to find their info online.

Lots of people here have their blog or shop linked in their signature or profile and I know from checking them out that lots of them have art and prints for sale as well.

Personally, my two favourite paintings (that I own) are by Robert Ryan (who I'm sure you can find contact info for online, his stuff is really amazing and reasonably priced) and the other is by 'Taco Warewolf' who you can also find online, it's not tattoo related but I love it.

The favourite prints I own are the panther girl by Mike Wilson (you can buy it on tattoo elite international or from him at conventions/his shop) and my dude owns some really rad Jeff Rassier prints that you can probably get on the Blackheart website or by contacting them at the shop.

anyways hope that helps ya a bit!

Thanks @Ursula!

I actually have been to Black Gold a few months back. Surprisingly there wasn't all that much when I was there (I'm sure it was between stocking and such) but they did have quite a few nice LPs, and the ice coffee was good!

Also on a side-note, I kind wish there was a self-promo area of the site for everyone to put up the links to their shops/blogs/portfolios, as it is damn hard to dig through everyone's signatures/profiles (we do have a nice mix of artists and non-artists). Please people I don't mind some self promotion here, so post away!

Self-promotion makes me feel like a bad person :( you can check my link in my sig if you like, the site is more or less up to date, and I am about to start making some prints. Nothing big or fancy but they won't cost much either haha. I also still have the originals to most my stuff.. If you see anything that interests you feel free to PM me :)

• 1 year later...
As I recently acquired a bit more money and a ton of more wall space I am looking at buying any flash (sets or single sheets), original art or prints (prints or original pieces do not have to be tattoo related). As I know there are quite a few artists on this site, as well as friends of artists I thought I would mention it here. PM me if you got something!

Since i have to post 10 times before i can post these for sale, shameless self promotion must come into play, if you check my gallery on here you will see the machine print that i have for sale. thanks for looking.

• 3 weeks later...
Slayer, did you get any prints from nick collela? I love his flash and recently was reminded of this at my brothers house where they cover the wall

Lochlan, check out the paintings that Erik Gillespie is offering, and the white on black work that Nick has out now. Also, I think Nick has a book of flash out now...

Anyone who hasn't seen it should def make the trip to CTC, even if it's just to scope the walls...there is some serious, serious historical and new stuff there, guaranteed you'll find something to blow yer little mind! They've got flash, shit, you want traditional? They got stuff in there was on the wall at CTC 40 years ago when I was first getting into "real" tattoos.

And if you REALLY wanna get radical, check out this book of Cliff Raven flash sheets...heavy stuff.

http://chicagotattoo.com/artwork/154048_Cliff_Raven_Flash_Set.html

• 2 months later...

check out the tattoo elite international facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tattooelite/posts/10151306861151750 looks like they have a little sale going on until about noon (EST) today.

I made a few purchases to start my collection of prints/flash. Horitomo, Hoyer, and O'Donnell are a good foundation for a print/flash collection right? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone purchased anything from Eddy Deutsche's Raking Light Projects? Looks like they have some really really really cool stuff. In related news tattoos and tattoo related art has become the final destination for all of my disposable income...

That stuff is all really nice. It's unfortunately a bit expensive for me right now (I think the prices are totally reasonable for limited editions, it's just that I'm spending all my money on tattoos at the moment) but I would love to own something that Raking Lights prints eventually.

@Pugilist got lucky and got a set of those four recently released Horitomo cat prints, which we will add to the two I bought from Tattoo Elite International. We're going to have a wall of all Horitomo cats.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm almost out of tattooable space on mybody which is a bummer but the upside is that I can start collecting originals from the tattooers I'm interested in. Andre Malcolm has some awesome watercolors for sale, check them out. I'm waiting on a response to buy the green dragon and the gold dragon paintings.....

IMG_7638_zps28a5bc94.jpg

IMG_7636_zps55dc5885.jpg

I really want this one but it's way past my budget...

IMG_7639_zpsae150343.jpg

This is what I have so far, the first is a set of 3 prints from Grime that he printed on watercolor paper so he could continue to add to them making this set of prints all one offs...

IMG_7423_zpscc5b3507.jpg

hese are done by my friend Horacio Martinez, the first 3 are oil and the last is ballpoint on a handkerchief...

IMG_7415_zpsd501aff5.jpg

IMG_7414_zps3d0da0b6.jpg

IMG_7416_zps4a22fdc0.jpg

IMG_7417_zpsfbe428b6.jpg

I'm trying to get a commission from Tim Lehi, he just emailed me and said he needs to catch with others and to contact him in 2 months, I want something like this...

IMG_20441-1_zps9c6f31a3.jpg