Weirdest tattoo you've done?

LeoKraft

I get asked this every few months. When I was doing more walk-in type tattoos I got asked every other day, at least.

My answer was always: "Most tattoos are pretty weird. It's weird to get tattoos animals you've never had direct experience with or that don't exist onto your body. It's odd to get a tattoo of a prostitute or stripper, or a mode of transportation, or a word out of context, or a reproduction of someone you never met, etc. Mostly tattooing, by it's nature is weird. But the weirdest tattoo I've done is a grocery shopping list on a guys forearm, in neat handwriting, from wrist to ditch."

That's weirder than the eyelids, heads, assholes, palms, satanic shit, sexual stuff, dolphin penis guy etc.

So that's my answer.

I work with Miles, who used to work at IntoYou in London back when tattoos were for weirdos and freaks. Some of that shit blows my mind. Maybe I'll ask him for permission to share his stories. On the other hand, maybe some of tattooing's folk tales need to stay off the internet and remain an oral tradition.

I got tattooed by Chris Trevino in 1997, right before I left Austin for SF. He said he had just done a guest spot in SF, so I asked him what the coolest tattoo he did on the trip was. Now, for those of you who are familiar with Pre-100% Japanese Style Chris Trevino, you know that "coolest tattoo" also meant "craziest tattoo." He went on to describe an insane armpit-to-waistline rib piece that involved, among other other things, a jackelope wearing a fez, a waterfall of blood, and a lady with a beehive hairdo making the devil horns with her ring and middle fingers tucked away in her special pocket. I couldn't really get my head around it, but that was the case with many of the tattoos Chris described to me.

Fast forward to 1999, when I finally had enough money to get tattooed by Eddy Deutsche. I went to 222 on my lunch break and booked the appointment with some guy at the counter. We got to talking about my tattoos and I mentioned that I had work from Chris. He said, "Oh yeah, he did my ribs" and lifted up his shirt. It was that piece! And the guy was Jeff Rassier, who is in a league of his own when it comes to putting weird (and awesome) tattoos on people.

A guy came in and told me one day that he wanted to get a specifically random tattoo, we talked about it for a few minutes and I was kind of having trouble coming up with something random on the spot lol. So he said " I dunno bro, I just wanna get something crazy and weird, like, I dunno, a banana riding a unicycle and juggling chainsaws." So that is what we did.

I also had a walk in that got a grilled cheese sandwich.

i put this on a guy when i first came to berlin and was doing a guest spot at fuer immer. the appointment was booked before i arrived, and i was a little unsure if i should do, because, believe it or not, the drawing he had brought in was of even lower quality. after some contemplation and discussing it with one of the owners who said he would probably do it, i decided to do it. when the customer came in, i asked him about his design. in poor english he explained that his old roommate had painted it on his shower curtain years ago and he loved the image. he didn't seem retarded, so i went for it. he came back to me a few months ago for another tattoo, which was also weird, but maybe not as weird, and says he still loves the penis. also, his english seems to have improved.

I got tattooed by Chris Trevino in 1997, right before I left Austin for SF. He said he had just done a guest spot in SF, so I asked him what the coolest tattoo he did on the trip was. Now, for those of you who are familiar with Pre-100% Japanese Style Chris Trevino, you know that "coolest tattoo" also meant "craziest tattoo." He went on to describe an insane armpit-to-waistline rib piece that involved, among other other things, a jackelope wearing a fez, a waterfall of blood, and a lady with a beehive hairdo making the devil horns with her ring and middle fingers tucked away in her special pocket. I couldn't really get my head around it, but that was the case with many of the tattoos Chris described to me.

Fast forward to 1999, when I finally had enough money to get tattooed by Eddy Deutsche. I went to 222 on my lunch break and booked the appointment with some guy at the counter. We got to talking about my tattoos and I mentioned that I had work from Chris. He said, "Oh yeah, he did my ribs" and lifted up his shirt. It was that piece! And the guy was Jeff Rassier, who is in a league of his own when it comes to putting weird (and awesome) tattoos on people.

ha before i finshed reading this, i was thinking - "sounds like a rassier tattoo'

Trevino told me another story when he tattooed me in 1993. A guy came in and said, "Do a Mickey Mouse on me, any way you want." So of course, Chris's eyes light up, and he says, "Any way I want?" Then he grinned at me and said, "Mickey was holding his cock, which was green and as big as he was. There was a big drop of purple cum drippin' off the end, and Mickey's tongue was out and his eyes were rollin' back."

I just looked at him and said, "Really?!"

"Yeah. He came back a few years later and I covered it up."

Trevino told me another story when he tattooed me in 1993. A guy came in and said, "Do a Mickey Mouse on me, any way you want." So of course, Chris's eyes light up, and he says, "Any way I want?" Then he grinned at me and said, "Mickey was holding his cock, which was green and as big as he was. There was a big drop of purple cum drippin' off the end, and Mickey's tongue was out and his eyes were rollin' back."

I just looked at him and said, "Really?!"

"Yeah. He came back a few years later and I covered it up."

@hogg. Damn, that's an awesome story! I laughed for about thirty minutes just thinking about the visual on that one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I did a cock and balls on a dudes head surrounded by cuss words at some point in the mid nineties, bananas, carrots, hell the other day I did some much appreciated apple cores. I will never say that this bussiness is boring.

Apple cores were pretty popular in the late sixties/early seventies...with or without the words "Eat the Apple, Fuck the Corps" on it.