A tattoo to set standards...

Cork

I get all my important news from Yahoo!

Nick Hill

Insert *eyeroll* here.

The thing had to cost a fortune because the detail is immaculate right down to the adornments on the loin armor.

The reason I post this is because IMO, it doesn't look nearly as good as it should. The spear isn't even straight. Maybe compared to other college sports tattoos it looks pretty good though I guess.

the comments are questioning how broke college kid gets tattoo.

Mom and Dad's credit card I imagine. I mean you can't dip in the drinking money. But seriously it's a tattoo not a Lamborghini! There are a lot of people that get tattooed because they don't money to go on exotic vacations or drive fancy cars, but they might have $300 to get a tattoo and they just want to do something for themselves.

Mom and Dad's credit card I imagine. I mean you can't dip in the drinking money. But seriously it's a tattoo not a Lamborghini! There are a lot of people that get tattooed because they don't money to go on exotic vacations or drive fancy cars, but they might have $300 to get a tattoo and they just want to do something for themselves.

You can never dip into the beer fund!

On another note, I can understand why this is the "new benchmark" for football tattoos, because I have NEVER seen a good sports-based tattoo in my life (whether online or in person), so this new story is not really saying all that much.

It is a decent tattoo I suppose, at least I think we've all seen much worse. What still confuses me(less and less as I see it more) is the measure that non-tattooed society has for what is an awesome tattoo. If we were to put things on a 10 scale, with 10 being best, what the tattoo community would see as about a 5 would be considered a 10 by "other" people. Maybe I'm off... just my 2cents. Interesting post though.

well if that first tattoo is the standard to live up to when getting college football tattoos, no wonder most of em suck.. wtf.. that thing isn't the worst i've seen by far, but it's miles away from being great. I'd say it's an o.k tattoo, but I'd never go to the artist who did it.

that chic with the alabama qb has a messed up face and it looks like possibly a beard. i typed a bunch of stuff about the whole media bullshit, tattoo opinions, etc but decided it's more important to focus on how this chic is breathing out of a tiny hole on the side of her face..and is that tiny eye above it?

that chic with the alabama qb has a messed up face and it looks like possibly a beard. i typed a bunch of stuff about the whole media bullshit, tattoo opinions, etc but decided it's more important to focus on how this chic is breathing out of a tiny hole on the side of her face..and is that tiny eye above it?

hah, that tiny hole is the dude's belly button I guess, if you look closer you can see how someone cut part of his belly and pants and pasted it over the girl's face, very subtle.

• 2 years later...