Friday 13th Tattoos

jade1955

• 1 year later...

In my quest to have the occasional meaningful tattoo I added a new one today. I had a pretty awesome pure walkin experience, on foot from home to PSC tattoo, where the man, the myth, the living legend, Tony D'Annessa did a quick little one on me. He has a note on his wall saying he has been tattooing for 57 years!

I had spotted this little top hatted skull and 13 a couple of weeks back and knew that this was my shot. It's on an old flash poster from the 60's, and Tony even had an accetate stencil for it.

It didn't take long, and when it was done I got a tattoo history lesson on the old school stencilling technique. Black powder onto the accetate and then press it onto greased skin, hope for the best. He showed me more of his major collection of accetate stencils. There were some dragons and big bearded wizards that must have required some serious freehand skills to complete once the faint outline wiped away.

Several people have been telling me to get a Tony tattoo, and I'm really glad I finally found the perfect occassion to do so. This was an awesome experience, that I know I will always have a souvenir of!

How about Saturday the 14th? :p (that was a cheesy farce movie, right?)

Since I can never open the "Latest tattoo lowdown" thread on any PC or with any browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome) I'll have to post my Saturday tattoo here.

Bomber nose art pinups have always been really cool looking to me. I had Waylon Hart create one for me and he did even more than I expected with her Japanese leg sleeve, plus the clouds and lightning.

One day old between changing the wrapping. Her skin colors will soften after healing.

23041472145_6e4b21ef49_b.jpg

How about Saturday the 14th? :p (that was a cheesy farce movie, right?)

Since I can never open the "Latest tattoo lowdown" thread on any PC or with any browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome) I'll have to post my Saturday tattoo here.

Bomber nose art pinups have always been really cool looking to me. I had Waylon Hart create one for me and he did even more than I expected with her Japanese leg sleeve, plus the clouds and lightning.

One day old between changing the wrapping. Her skin colors will soften after healing.

23041472145_6e4b21ef49_b.jpg

pretty cool ! I love it,placement is perfect too.

pretty cool ! I love it,placement is perfect too.

My earlier reply got attached to the wrong post. Take 2:

Thanks, it turned out pretty cool. Her nose is a little long and the foot looks a bit wonky (Japanese style?).

I'll get a photo of the right side to show how he used negative space between this and ol' Tigger (you can see his ear at the upper right).

My earlier reply got attached to the wrong post. Take 2:

Thanks, it turned out pretty cool. Her nose is a little long and the foot looks a bit wonky (Japanese style?).

I'll get a photo of the right side to show how he used negative space between this and ol' Tigger (you can see his ear at the upper right).

my birthday is on october 13th(I was born on a Tuesday)but I have been thinking lately I should get a 13 tattoo of some kind,maybe a "Lucky 13",etc,etc not sure right now.

my birthday is on october 13th(I was born on a Tuesday)but I have been thinking lately I should get a 13 tattoo of some kind,maybe a "Lucky 13",etc,etc not sure right now.

I was another not-Friday-but-on-the-13th baby! I've thought about a Lucky 13 tattoo, but I don't think that I want to give the superstition any more attention than it already gets. I may change my mind on this soon, though.