Sailors Jerry's Birthday today

hawk

i love how everyone is celebrating his birthday now. why didn't they last year? or 5 years ago? or 15 years ago? just another thing in tattooing thats ridiculous.

They are celebrating this year because Sailor Jerry Rum is sponsoring it, and Chicago Tattoo Company has posted it all over Instagram. My birthday is November 24th, but I have no sponsors.

They are celebrating this year because Sailor Jerry Rum is sponsoring it, and Chicago Tattoo Company has posted it all over Instagram. My birthday is November 24th, but I have no sponsors.

I just toasted a belated Happy Birthday to ya with a shot of brandy Avery, here's and cheers to you in paving what you've done and will accomplish in your time.

The best we all can do is honor those before us in helping the tradition evolve another step better than the past.

the fiancee and i celebrated yesterday by heading to Classic Ink here in Dublin, and getting some of his flash designs, with 101 substituted in place of USA or a USN (i got an old USA shield, she got a USN anchor). no rum was anywhere to be found, and we paid in full. well, there may have been rum in a one stumbly fellow's pocket who came in and tried selling us all jewelry he stole from various stores in the area, but that's neither here nor there.

Honestly I remember a bunch of a people doing specials for his birthday last year so this is nothing new, it's just has corporate sponsorship this year and free rum and the "media" is now covering it. Bottom line is he died in 1973, so I can't really pretend to have a moral high ground on this issue, I wasn't even born yet. It could be worse, there could be cherry creek rum and tattoo johnny vodka.

Honestly I remember a bunch of a people doing specials for his birthday last year so this is nothing new, it's just has corporate sponsorship this year and free rum and the "media" is now covering it. Bottom line is he died in 1973, so I can't really pretend to have a moral high ground on this issue, I wasn't even born yet. It could be worse, there could be cherry creek rum and tattoo johnny vodka.

Holy shit man, I almost pissed myself!

permanent mark rules. from his facebook yesterday: "For fuck sake,quit wishing sailor jerry a happy birthday,u dident know him,he wouldent like u,or me, and hes rolld over enough in hes coffin to last 4 life times!he was a bastard,a talentd one,but hes not ur emo freand!"

he was the godfather, the link to ed hardy and modern tattooing.........but celebrating his 101st b'day with half price tattoos?? really?? jesus christ.