New York City here I come!

Iwar

I know everyone wants to go to Smith Street, and it is a great shop, but if I were going to New York right now I would go to Flyrite and see if Derrick Snodgrass is still there or try to get get something from Grez or Bart Bingham. Timothy Hoyer was an excellent choice, and I had a really good experience getting tattooed by Bailey. Cris Cleen I have never met.

I know everyone wants to go to Smith Street, and it is a great shop, but if I were going to New York right now I would go to Flyrite and see if Derrick Snodgrass is still there or try to get get something from Grez or Bart Bingham. Timothy Hoyer was an excellent choice, and I had a really good experience getting tattooed by Bailey. Cris Cleen I have never met.

I agree Avery..I met some people in NYC in the summer from AU,& UK,and they all got tattooed at Smith Street.I guess it's like back in the day when Tattoo City was the destination for collectors visiting SF.I know when i visited SF years ago,i wen't straight to Tattoo City.But my favorite shop i visited when i was there was Temple Tattoo.I called Flyrite over the summer about Derrick,and they said he's in Kentucky.Grez would be a good choice,but i don't know if he does walk-ins.I like Bart's work too.He could probably get in with him easier.I checked out a new shop over the summer in Brooklyn. greenpointtattooco.com The shop is also filled with great flash.And Three Kings Tattoo is also another shop with so much talent.I guess it's hard to narrow it down to a few tattooers,when the city is stocked with so much talent.

I agree Avery..I met some people in NYC in the summer from AU,& UK,and they all got tattooed at Smith Street.I guess it's like back in the day when Tattoo City was the destination for collectors visiting SF.I know when i visited SF years ago,i wen't straight to Tattoo City.But my favorite shop i visited when i was there was Temple Tattoo.I called Flyrite over the summer about Derrick,and they said he's in Kentucky.Grez would be a good choice,but i don't know if he does walk-ins.I like Bart's work too.He could probably get in with him easier.I checked out a new shop over the summer in Brooklyn. greenpointtattooco.com The shop is also filled with great flash.And Three Kings Tattoo is also another shop with so much talent.I guess it's hard to narrow it down to a few tattooers,when the city is stocked with so much talent.

Greenpoint and Three Kings are both great shops. I check Chuck Donaghue's blog often (he is at Greenpoint), and most people on LST know that I have been tattooed for many hours by Matt Arriola (he is at Three Kings). I am probably a bit biased, but I think that Matt is one of the best tattooers around. Honestly right now Smith Street is the last place I would go in NYC. I have been tattooed there, and everyone was really cool, and I love the tattoo I got. Dan wasn't tattooing there yet, and Bert was working at Top Shelf the day I went in. Steve did the tattoo. The problem for me right now is everyone is going there, and it is all starting to look the same to me. They make great tattoos, but don't lose the forest for the trees.