New York City here I come!

Iwar

Today I found an offer I couldn't refuse for a round trip to New York. The flight is booked, so hopefully I can get appointments with some tattooers as well.

I will be visiting from May 27th through June 7th. Anyone up for an LST eastcoast gathering around that time?

Does anybody know if you have to book in with the guys at Smith Street? Is there a fair chance of getting something done just by a walk in?

Whenever people ask Bert Krak about bookings on facebook i think he asks them to phone the shop - (718) 643-0463. If you're phoning from Norway you'll have to put an international number (or whatever the right term is) before that though?

If I may suggest a hotel, The Gem Soho is right down the street from Adorned and the subway that takes you to Brooklyn (Smith Street) and in the middle of the Lower Eastside. Reasonable rates, too[/url]

Thanks for the tip Kev. I checked out the hotel, but unfortunately my budget doesn't allow me to spend $4125 on hotel expenses. It looked awesome though!

You have to watch out in NYC for hotel rates, especially during the summer months, as they are not cheap at all! In my company when people come from out of town to NYC the cheapest rates we found for half-decent hotels in NYC in the summer was around ~$300, with our corporate discount. My best advice would be to scope out New Jersey for some accommodations, maybe try couch-surfing?

Also check out Hoboken/Jersey City for cheaper hotel deals.

Hell if you need a place to crash for a few days, I wouldn't mind if you stole my couch for a bit.

(Ex. that hotel in January was 129/day, May-June was 300+)

Also might add you can try to check out any dorm-style places to save

Spotted this place:

the gershwin hotel / the hotel / rooms - around 40 bucks a night

If you wait a bit you can also check out craigslist to sublet an apartment, charged by day/week. I know people that have done this, and it is by far one of the cheaper options, but there is the small possibility of people being unreliable.

Thanks for the good suggestions and your hospitality @slayer9019

I'll find something that fits my budget, but I really appreciate the offer.

Looks like the lineup is complete now by the way. Timothy Hoyer just confirmed :D

If i manage to stay below budget I'll try to get a walk in spot at Smith Street as well.

The last few times I stayed in NYC I just used some of the more reputable hostels - they worked out fine. The Gershwin or similar looks like a good option too though (although two weeks is going to work out expensive no matter how you cut it..). You could always try and couch-surf for part of it.

You should check out Mike Perfetto in Brooklyn.He's one of the last old time tattooers in NYC.He opens at 4pm,and it's first come first serve..The shop is closed on Tue & Fri.From Manhattan,you would take the N subway to New Utrecht,and walk up two blocks.The address is 6217 16TH Ave.{16TH Ave & 62ND St.}718.331-1411