I feel like Ink Master sets up people like the guy that went home for failure. How could that man possibly be considered a potential "Ink Master?" I think that Roland, King Ruck, David Bell, and the guy who was sent home should've all gone. But I'll still watch it because it's entertaining to watch people who think they're the shit get torn apart.

I agree...that wolf King Ruck did was terrible, not to mention the shit he did during the convention challenge was worse than the wolf.

The main reason I watch this show is to laugh at all the deluded half-wits who think they've already won the competition.

I'm really looking forward to that confrontation betwixt Chris and Kyle.

I feel like Ink Master sets up people like the guy that went home for failure. How could that man possibly be considered a potential "Ink Master?" I think that Roland, King Ruck, David Bell, and the guy who was sent home should've all gone. But I'll still watch it because it's entertaining to watch people who think they're the shit get torn apart.

Watch enough reality TV competition shows and you can see how they select contestants. A few that really have a chance to win, a bunch of middle of the pack people and a few that have no chance at all, but create drama and interest. They typically keep the no chance people around for a while to up ratings.

At least with Ink Master, the artists skills and experience are typically much better than on Best Ink. Are there any other decent tattoo shows out there ? Can't stand the 2 shows about bad tattoos and cover ups.

I'm liking this season more than the others so far. Some really good talent, not too many drama queens, and thank god they let that Ashley bitch quit instead of talking her out of it like they did with Tatu Baby. I'm a big fan of Gentle Jay...he's kind of a dick, but an endearing dick.

I'm liking this season more than the others so far. Some really good talent, not too many drama queens, and thank god they let that Ashley bitch quit instead of talking her out of it like they did with Tatu Baby. I'm a big fan of Gentle Jay...he's kind of a dick, but an endearing dick.

I think this is the first season that really LACKS a few talented 'ringers'.

If I can ask... who do you think is 'good talent' so far?

- - - Updated - - -

69 pages(on the app) might suggest that ppl like this show more then they say in their posts..

I admit; I'm addicted to it.

It gets me SO damned mad but I can't control myself and have to watch it.

I think this is the first season that really LACKS a few talented 'ringers'. If I can ask... who do you think is 'good talent' so far? - - - Updated - - - I admit; I'm addicted to it. It gets me SO damned mad but I can't control myself and have to watch it.

The truth will et you free! Hahaha I liked watching NY Ink on netflix, Liked watching Tommy and Tim lay down perfect tattoos!

I think this is the first season that really LACKS a few talented 'ringers'.

If I can ask... who do you think is 'good talent' so far?

I don't think anyone's really AMAZING, but some solid tattooers. On the earlier seasons, it was always really obvious who the top 3 were going to be, and everyone else was pretty middle of the pack or worse. This time it seems like there's a lot of "better than average" ones at least. I still wouldn't get tattooed by any of them, but I don't remember as many blatant eyesores this time.

I think its way funny how they're doing shit like "geometrical challenges" at the beginning to keep guys like roland and water painting guy around, and everyone getting sent home is either having a freak out or an injury..

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah its a dumb show, a non-reality, but hard to look away..

and btw, if you really want to get worked up over a tattoo show then watch the tattoos titans one with the Omni james. its on the country music channel, so naturally they've picked the most downhicked people they could find from the most geographically retarded places in the US, with the usual disclaimer of how they've picked "5 of the nations top tattoo artists". I made it 10 minutes in when they were prepping for the first challenge and the customers all came to them with "meaningful tattoos". one girl wanted a palm tree to commemorate a trip she took to Jamaica with her friend. and that was it for me. but the real victims in all this are the fucking public..

Not sure if anyone has seen the article on Oliver Peck and Chris Nunez. It's from TMZ, seems there was a female PA that doesn't appreciate how she was treated.

"The tattoo gurus on "Ink Master" are a couple pervs who sexually harass their female staff -- at least according to one former PA on the show ... who says she put up with a laundry list of extremely inappropriate behavior ... and was ultimately fired.

Nicoletta Robinson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Spike TV and "Ink Master" stars Chris Nunez and Oliver Peck -- claiming she worked for the show last year as an errand runner ... and Nunez and Peck treated her like some two-dollar whore.

Robinson includes a bunch of quotes in her lawsuit -- claiming Peck said things like, "Now Nickie can go home and suck some d***s." She claims Peck also tickled her against her will, squeezed her and pinched her ... and pulled her seatbelt tight against her breasts while she was driving.

She claims Nunez also said tons of perverted crap -- like "Are you menstruating? Do you need a hug?" She says Nunez once asked if she was pregnant just because she was sick, and once explicitly described how his dog eats his wife's dirty underwear.

Robinson claims she tried to file a complaint, but the production company didn't really know how to handle the situation -- and she was later terminated in November. She wants unspecified damages.

Spike had no comment.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/17/ink-master-nicoletta-robinson-chris-nunez-oliver-peck-sexual-harassment/#ixzz2wGmnE54a "

That's something that bums me out about tattooing culture. The macho bravado that sometimes occurs, I mean. Tattooing has a lot of secrets and "it's just a show" kind of attitude, and some people seem to think they can take advantage of those facts. I mean, it makes sense when someone comes into a tattoo shop, or even here, and just won't listen to good advice. But that's just about tattoos. When it steps over the line into treating marginalized individuals like they don't belong or like they are less than just for being a bit off or weird or different, it just brings up thoughts of power abuse, which makes me think of old right-winged people, which reminds me of the schools and thought-constructions that I rebelled against in the first place. This post would probably anger some of the more secretive old guard, but that's really not any of my concern. I'm not taking a side on whether those claims are based in absolute truth, though.

I made it 10 minutes in when they were prepping for the first challenge and the customers all came to them with "meaningful tattoos". one girl wanted a palm tree to commemorate a trip she took to Jamaica with her friend. and that was it for me. but the real victims in all this are the fucking public..

I'll never understand why the community gets worked up or angry when people want 'meaningful tattoos' to commemorate events or periods in their life, I would wager the vast majority of tattoos(especially for first timers) carry some significant memory, I know mine did and I'd bet a lot of people hear are the same. Now I have some tattoos that I just liked, but tattoos being permanent reminders(good/bad) attract people.

Everyone is different, like different things, like diff tattoos, get tattoos for different reasons?

So what?

If we all likes the same tattoos, same styles and got tattooed for the same reasons, that'd be the dumbest and most boring shit ever.

Why is everyone on the show so apprehensive when it comes to tattooing someones ass? Have they never seen a bodysuit before? Fuck.

To me this aspect of the show is the clearest indicator that there is a lot of scripting/coaching going on.

I really don't want to believe that these are rational adults that work with the human body every day but can't get past "OMG OMG A DICK!!!!!11!!1!"

Not sure if anyone has seen the article on Oliver Peck and Chris Nunez. It's from TMZ, seems there was a female PA that doesn't appreciate how she was treated. Robinson includes a bunch of quotes in her lawsuit -- claiming Peck said things like, "Now Nickie can go home and suck some d***s." She claims Peck also tickled her against her will, squeezed her and pinched her ... and pulled her seatbelt tight against her breasts while she was driving.She claims Nunez also said tons of perverted crap -- like "Are you menstruating? Do you need a hug?" She says Nunez once asked if she was pregnant just because she was sick, and once explicitly described how his dog eats his wife's dirty underwear. "

Unfortunately this seems to be pretty common. I've heard sexist crap like this plenty of times whether it was from customers, or a co-worker. I honestly don't know what the appropriate reaction is. I normally just keep working and ignore the comments.