show is bumming me out lately - i power watched the first four seasons this summer and this rivals thing just has come up lame for me - i will still watch though - ha - its a family affair - my kids love it and wife too - so its fun

but yeah the drama being the focal point is too bad

more ink - less nonsense would be better

would rather see them do a weekly profile of a contestant - showing footage and work and interviews - i dont know - anything but that ultra contrived couch talk setup where they film what seems to be a pretty scripted drama fest

Well, THAT was unexpected. One (Josh) of the two best, IMHO. Glad he admitted it was his screw-up and didn't play victim like Emilly. Thought the show did the right thing by standing by their contract, too. Or, it could all have been staged, but I was looking forward to the final, now it is pretty much a given.

Thru the ether from my LP2

It was so insane watching a bunch of tattooers talking about contracts and rules.

I hope their agents and managers approved.

Tattooists. Contracts. Agents.

Just saying.

10497123_10204766073419181_4267714996703297659_o.jpg

Royboy didn't sign no damn contracts.

• 4 weeks later...
It's on A&E.i had t go into my shaw on demand to watch the last few episodes. Go to project free tv.com there's all the ny ink, la ink, etc. It does work just don't click on boxes that say continue as free user, click on the play button.

Thanks for this suggestion, I was looking to binge watch a lot of the tattoo shows. A lot of it is blatantly scripted for "good" TV but sometimes gives good insights into how other artists work.

glad to see jason get the win

though personally i thought cleen had the best tattoo

and i like the merry ink and New Years ink specials upcoming

probably in the minority here as i know a lot of folks on here despise the show and series

anyway

I'm glad Jason won as well.

Given the requirements of the challenge, Jason had the better tattoo. Clean was supposed to do color realism. The only realistic part of his tattoo was the wrenches.

Although Clean did much better tattoos during the season, those were 3-6 hour tattoos. The final tattoo was a 35 hour piece. That is equivalent to roughly 6-10 individual tattoos during the season.

I like the Superbowl analogy.

I agree, although Jason did some very bad work (remember the Empire State Building?) through the competition that really should have eliminated him a month or more ago. Still, he did a very good new school oriental cartoon on the lady. Clean should have used a 426 hemi instead of the skull!

i think that final piece should be open category - especially if its gonna be for all the marbles

in past seasons they factored in the whole body of work

nunez still did

but oliver swayed dave

dave even said i'd rather wear cleens work

i think cleen had the best work of the day

and of the show

but i do like jason and was glad he won

and he has been a guest artist at one of the shops i go to

heard good things about him as a person from those who know him well

funny thing though if josh didnt get tossed - jason prob woulda never made the final

i think that final piece should be open category - especially if its gonna be for all the marbles

in past seasons they factored in the whole body of work

nunez still did

but oliver swayed dave

dave even said i'd rather wear cleens work

i think cleen had the best work of the day

and of the show

but i do like jason and was glad he won

and he has been a guest artist at one of the shops i go to

heard good things about him as a person from those who know him well

funny thing though if josh didnt get tossed - jason prob woulda never made the final

You know I was tempted to go i think last year he was at Broadway Tattoo or something like that??????

think this one (and next week's new years special) are supposed to be about the ink - no drama - well - maybe jus a little - my kids cant wait - in fact - they are all geared up to start back @ season 1

1+2 are on netflix but you can watch 3+4 on the spike site - anyways - enjoy pidjones!

I missed the Christmas special, but the New Years special was mostly All Fiction and Gentile Jay running their mouths. All Fiction didn't even get the irony in him saying, "You haven't seen the last of All Fiction" as he was being the first person cut.

Sure wish Josh had kept to the work and left the weed alone for the previous season. I was looking forward to a final between him and Clean. He was the only artist on the New Years special, IMHO. Now you can watch people being asses while building furniture! Predict mid-season cancelation for that one.

Sure wish Josh had kept to the work and left the weed alone for the previous season. I was looking forward to a final between him and Clean. He was the only artist on the New Years special, IMHO. Now you can watch people being asses while building furniture! Predict mid-season cancelation for that one.

I definitely predict mid season cancelation for that furniture show. I actually saw the Inkmaster Rivals finale and they were chuckling about it when they announced it for the first time. I was dying laughing.

I missed the Christmas special, but the New Years special was mostly All Fiction and Gentile Jay running their mouths. All Fiction didn't even get the irony in him saying, "You haven't seen the last of All Fiction" as he was being the first person cut.

I wish someone would've called him out on ripping off Pavel Angel during the season he was on the show. They showed the footage again on this episode!

AlFliction_PavelAngel.jpg

Al, you fuckin' dolt!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, yeah!

" On the eve of the LIVE Ink Master*season 5 finale, Spike TV announced it has picked up a sixth season of the network's hit original tattoo-competition series."

This one is slated master artists vs apprentices.

Sure to have tons of fake emotional outbursts, and very little art.