@Electric i,

I have talked to many tattoo artists and some try to go and some say: Never do a show that shows anything negative about you.... For example... Ink Master can/could hinder you career where Tattoo Nightmares can/could boost it... <- That I do agree with...

I have seen what @9Years is talking about... Been to several conventions and those who have gone through the show have a banner that say "as seen on season xxxx of...." Is no joke.... They ride that boat! I tell my self... Wow but you suck so bad in the show why would you want to advertise that? But as You and @9Years said "every chump with no clue" & "A fool and his money" all in the same and they all fall for it...

That's what blows my mind. If you make it to the Top 5, definitely advertise that. They start with 18 artists, you make it to the Top 7, that's no mean feat. You get eliminated in the first 3 rounds, you just need to acknowledge it if someone mentions it, but I wouldn't brag about it.

The conditions those men and women are working under are extremely stressful, rattling even the best artists. Miami, for instance, is apparently a Black Belt in tattooing, but look how quickly he got bounced. That loft kicked his ass, much to the surprise of Nunez and Peck.

Fucktards like Mystical Mike, on the other hand, should definitely not advertise that they were on TV because he might be a super nice guy in his own studio, but I don't believe that based solely on what I saw from his repeated TV appearances. But he is definitely the type of dipshit who believes there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I don't know a single person who actually enjoys the bickering and contrived set-ups. Not on this show or any other reality show. I think this is just what TV producers thinks people like, or what they hope they can make people like if they shove it down their throats enough. I'm just saying I would like the show a lot better if those things were different, I don't really expect them to change anything because that would require effort on everyone's part.

I would agree except the bickering gets higher ratings. I read the Facebook comments. "I love her work but she's so FAT. I hope she loses soon" "His tattoos may not be good but he's a dreamboat, I'd kill for one of his pieces." And on and on. They're the same crowd who watches Real Housewives of Wherever. I wish I had a dime for every time someone typed the word "jacked", or used a direct judge's quote for criticizing something they truly do not understand. People who may or may not have a single tattoo going on and on like they're real experts. Follow their comment to their own FB page (Stalk) and if they have a tattoo, it's generally something dismal. Nary a one understands the complex simplicity of American Traditional. And Japanese? Forget about it.

I have a group of a half dozen close friends who are tattoo artists and they are sick of folks coming in and acting like they're Toothpick Peck or I Hate Everyone Nunez. "Yeah, I want a Block "O" college logo but we need to discuss line weight and negative space." "Do you know Mystical Mike? I heard he was in Columbus once."

The episode where the "flash challenge" was nailing drywall finally did it for me. Call Fonzie, this turd has definitely jumped the shark.

I sometimes watch that shit, and I'm ashamed of it. Here are some of the things from Ink Master that make me cringe: "human canvas", "the judges have decided", "...but that's not it" (in the voice of Dave Navarro), "human canvas jury", Dave Navarro, NFL stars with no knowledge of tattoo culture, random morons with no knowledge of tattoo culture, the fact that there are two people judging that actually has vast knowledge of tattoo culture and yet choose to participate in the freak show known as ink master, etc etc. I know, I shouldn't be watching it if I loathe it so much, but I can't help myself... I just hope mr Kruseman, who seems to be a real person, gets to walk home with the 100.00 dollars ("a feature in inked magazine, and the title of ink master" aaargh, I can't stand Dave Navarro!)

I don't want to sound crass, but am I the only one who finds it weird that these artists are putting strange faces on the backs of the female canvasses? If I'm fucking a chick from the rear and I'm looking at a different woman's face, I think it might throw off my game a little.

Is it just me?

Not sure if you're just trying to be funny, but that's a little gross, dude. Women are just as capable of having faces tattooed on them as men. Their life doesn't revolve around what they look like naked, and what men think of them. It took me a long time to realize that. If that's the tattoo they want, they should get it.

Personally, I wouldn't want a photorealistic face of someone I don't know, but that's regardless of my gender. It would bug me having everyone who sees it ask me who it is.

Ah, but she was on Ink Master Redemption this week!

I ended up missing the finale while on vacation. I've looked at the pieces on line, and can't believe Matt turned in such a weak final work. Did she tap out on him? Cruizeman did his usual safe piece with perfect execution, but Chris' piece was the best I have seen on the show. I'm sure Cruizeman's was Oliver's pick as it was as full-on American Traditional as I've ever seen in a backpiece in my short couple years of paying attention. I'd hate to have to pick a winner between them.

The only thing I saw wrong with Matt's piece was the skull in the small of her back. That thing was jacked. In my opinion, Cruseman earned that victory against Blinston, and I've been backing Blinston since episode...four, I think. I just thought that his piece, while stellar, was just barely edged out.

As for Tatu Baby, she has demonstrated that she is a great tattoo artist, but she is not an Ink Master. She drew a wolf with no fucking legs. For her Master Work. That is inexcusable.

As for next season's roster, half of the people were 2nd or 3rd place contestants, so they have a serious advantage over the new people. Except for that one guy who puts googly eyes on every fucking thing he does. Fuck that guy. I hate one trick ponies.

Fuck, I missed Tatu Baby on Redemption. Goddammit, I am so sick of seeing her.

I would rate the backpieces thusly: Kruseman > Matt > Chris. Chris's girl was orange and her face was butt ugly. And he put so much detail into the road instead of doing something good with the background. I thought Matt's was okay, needed more black and just overall some more intensity. Kruseman's was one of my favorite things I've seen on the show. Yeah, it's exactly what I expected from him, but it's solid as hell.

I thought it was bullshit the way they had people vote for the live tattoo before you even saw them. You didn't even see them until like a minute before the polls closed. You know everyone was just voting for their favorite. And the way they did it, Chris had a time advantage over everyone else because they introduced the hashtag to vote for him before everyone else! I felt bad Matt was out of the running from the get go because of that stupidity, they didn't even get to judge his final piece.

Kruseman's piece was big and bold. I liked it. Blinston's face looked jacked tbh and that orange sky all over the upper back was really unattractive. I don't know what the hell happened with Matt's piece. There was so much unused space, the thing was flat and tonal, and the whole piece seemed uninspired. That sucks because Matt sure seems talented. I think he should have gone color and just let it rip. The outcome of the show was good with me. My main complaint is that so much of the show was used to hype next season - 35 hours of tattoos compressed into 5 minutes of tattoo highlights. I wish they'd just focus on the damn tattooing.

• 5 months later...