Just happened to catch up on this thread, and Googled to see what had happened.

'Ink Master' Winner Died of Heroin Overdose | TMZ.com

:(

What's going around as heroin is quite dangerous. They mix fentanyl (sp?) in with it which is quite potent. But the junkie (even casual user) mind set walks that fine line between death and getting a bag of real good shit.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the isolation of living by myself down in Texas right now brought me back to this show since I haven't looked at it really since season 2.  I'm only commenting now to questions Dave's shirt. I have pretty much that same shirt but it is from '88 and says Dag Nasty. Hope those dudes got some credit from whomever made that shirt. 

A little drama-y this season, but overall I think it's been of higher quality for the most part. Not great and I still wouldn't want to get tattooed by most of these guys, but aside from a few clowns early, there havn't been tooooo many absolute trainwreck tattoos. 

For some reason this show is always a guilty pleasure of mine, regardless of how dumb it can be. One season I'd actually like to set up a fantasy league. Haha. A friend of mine does one for Top Chef and it's pretty fun and interesting. I think it could be cool to do one for Ink Master.

I watch it, too. I find it amusing. My tattoo artist watches, and we talk about it and mock it relentlessly. St. Marq is one of the biggest morons I've ever witnessed on this show. All of this tattoos look the same, which is truly shitty. Also think Cleen Rock One is a tool. The name alone says it all. And that idiot woman with the crazy eyes— Sarah, I think? — she's nuts. She acted like she was so different when she came back this time, but she was exactly the same — batshit crazy.

I have always liked Matti. Hope he continues doing well.

the artists on the show right now are pretty good - was excited last week when they finally had an american traditional challenge

unfortunately i think most people on shows like these are portrated unfavorably - who knows what we would look like on a reality show right

sarah does some amazing color portraits if you follow her on IG

anyway - i watch basically because i'm sucker for tattoo type programs - but i would rather watch LST interviews all day long over anything spike has ever put out there

Didn't say Sarah wasn't a good artist. I said she's batshit crazy. I can't stand her, so I can't follow her IG.

The difference between me and the people on these reality shows? I'd never go on one in a million years. They are all bullshit. :-)

@Patrick Bateman i think i seen most of those

there are some documentaries / interview stuff i really like

-the LST interviews - doesnt get better

-true love tattoo series - fun / cool

-vice tattoo age series - also awesome

-gypsy gentleman - also top notch

-frith street documentary series - on the shoulders of giants - 1,2,3 out 4 coming - amazing

-sailor jerry doc - hori smoku

-ed hardy doc - tatoo the world

When you see these people hanging out drinking and having a good time on IG, then the drama on TV appears contrived. St. Marq sure dialed up that arrogant persona, but anyone who knows the guy says he isn't like that at all. The only one I've met was Cleen, and he is actually pretty cool. I diagnosed him in a few minutes with high level ADHD just 20 feet away while I was getting my hannya. :51_scream:

4 hours ago, Boiled Dove said:

I object to the anarchy tattoo being classified as a hate tattoo the same as a swastika. Granted it was a big damn thing to cover up but I would not put it at the same level as a swastika. 

This is not just because I also had an anarchy tattoo that was covered up. :10_wink:

I said that at the time. That's not a hate tattoo. Bah. They must have run out of swastikas and Rebels flags. 

3 minutes ago, marley mission said:

just watched the final - so gimmicky

the show could so much better if they didnt try so many gimmicks

i liked the american traditional chest piece that Christian did - sadly - he wasnt even able to be judged for the final

I agree,I liked Christian 's chest piece the best of the 3,they said it had blowouts,but we couldn't see it good enough,

and Anthony won with an incomplete chest piece and his sleeve was not a full sleeve,

I liked cleen's sleeve the best.