Oliver said he would have picked Christian as the winner, and as much as I didn't like him, I agree his chest piece was the best. Sadly, most of the general public probably thought he was an asshole, and that meant he didn't get to the final two. Plus, the artists didn't like Christian—and that horrible Megan girl who is banging Cleen was screaming the loudest when they were trying to decide who should be in the final two. Cleen's sleeve was way cheesy and the chest piece was ... not good. So yeah. If it couldn't be Christian, it had to be Anthony.

I agree with @oboogie I would have voted CRO out before Christian or Anthony. I was kind rooting for that big hillbilly James though. He cracked me up, and at a certain level the show is more about entertainment value than tattoos. 

I agree that it is a risky thing for artists to go on there but fuck. How desperate for a tattoo would you have to be to volunteer to be a canvas?  There have been some really crappy tattoos walk off of that show. 

27 minutes ago, Boiled Dove said:

I agree with @oboogie I would have voted CRO out before Christian or Anthony. I was kind rooting for that big hillbilly James though. He cracked me up, and at a certain level the show is more about entertainment value than tattoos. 

I agree that it is a risky thing for artists to go on there but fuck. How desperate for a tattoo would you have to be to volunteer to be a canvas?  There have been some really crappy tattoos walk off of that show. 

Man, I loved James, too! I would have loved for him to win. "Ooooh, Lord have mercy!" Hahaha  

As for the canvases, if you go on that show and get a shitty tattoo, you have no one to blame but yourself. 

42 minutes ago, Boiled Dove said:

this for sure

On 5/29/2016 at 3:21 PM, viezure said:

I've managed to watch yesterday the season 3 final of Best Ink (really hard to find episodes of it) and the artists there seemed really friendly to each other, no intrugues or strategies or anything like this.

Ok, share it! Where did you find them?

I watch this show religiously, total guilty pleasure. My thoughts on the finale (if any of you give a shit):

- The live format is terrible and needs to go. Awkward pacing and you don't even get to get a good look at the tattoos most of the time.
- Christian's chest piece was really nice except for the collar bone area, where he crammed too much stuff in to a small place. Let that shit breathe! Also hated how the tips of the eagle's wings went onto that guy's shoulders. Going to look so weird anytime he lifts his arms at all.
- Anthony didn't finish obviously, but his chest piece was pretty nice for what it was.
- Cleen's was so bizarre. Putting that guy's nipple right in the middle of that girl's neck/chest. The weird way it trailed off. Just...weird.
- Christian's sleeve was okay, but the color was so patchy. Definitely not finale worthy, imo
- Anthony again didn't finish (outside sleeve only, lol) but was nice for what it was. 
- Cleen's sleeve was awful and looked so phoned in. The inside was almost entirely just purple squiggles. Wtf
- Another gimmick for next season, oh boy. :38_worried:
- I thought Matti's tattoo was better than Sausage's by a long shot, but it's all a popularity contest and people like Sausage more for some reason. Was bummed afterwards to hear of the tracing controversy (https://www.instagram.com/p/BF4Yrc5H0H_/?taken-by=matti_hixson&hl=en). This kind of soured my whole opinion of Matti.
- Glad Anthony won. Yes, he didn't finish either piece, but what he did was way better than anyone else up there. Just goes to show the restraints they put on these guys are insane. I'd rather see what they can do with tons of time and have a better tattoo to look at than think "That was pretty good for 24 hours of tattooing"

At least the finale was only an hour. Weren't there 2 or 3 hour finales for some seasons. I remember trying to watch one a couple of years ago and giving up realizing it was just going to be a couple hours of masturbation before anything interesting happened. 

20 minutes ago, Boiled Dove said:

At least the finale was only an hour. Weren't there 2 or 3 hour finales for some seasons. I remember trying to watch one a couple of years ago and giving up realizing it was just going to be a couple hours of masturbation before anything interesting happened. 

I'm pretty sure they used to be an hour and a half, if not longer, yeah. That REALLY drags. I hope in the future they do something like (another guilty pleasure show incoming) Project Runway. They send the finalists home to work on their pieces, the host (or judges, in this case) comes to visit them while they're doing the work and give advice and hang out, then they come back to present what they've done for judging. It runs so much smoother, is more professional, and just generally feels more "the end" rather than Dave stumbling through his words and everyone being rushed because of time. Anyone catch Dave telling Christian to have a seat after he already sat down? :8_laughing:

12 minutes ago, Boiled Dove said:

I was really disappointed that sausage chose to be a dick with the challenge. He should have at least gave Matti a decent tattoo. 

13254200_1044409518971882_66919731637178

At least it'll be easy to cover. But it looks like he did it backwards so Matti would be able to read it everytime he looked in a mirror...? Extra douchey move.

On May 31, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Synesthesia said:

I'd rather see what they can do with tons of time and have a better tattoo to look at than think "That was pretty good for 24 hours of tattooing"

I agree with this 100%, i think it gives the artist a running chance at doing what they do best.

Also, I proudly watch this and any show on Tattoo when I can.  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else watch the Season 8 premier of Ink Masters last night? Team Peck's first pick was Ryan Ashley Malarkey - she is a local artist here in my area. And, just to make me feel old, she went to high school with one of my nieces. I actually checked her booking schedule about a month ago - closed until sometime late fall to begin booking for next year. 

5 minutes ago, oboogie said:

Plan on watching tonight.

Ooops. Sorry for the spolier!! I set the DVR to record it....and then decided to watch it anyway. My wife even watched it, too. She said she liked it - but hated the many commercials for horror movies. Lynn's idea of a suspense-filled thriller is any Doris Day movie.

Edited by Devious6