Two Cents:

Such of rip off of Top Chef, all the way to 'pack up your....(insert iconic equipment) and go' and 'flash/quickfire challenge'

So....does this mean that Chris Nunez is going to be 'responsible' for two of the signature conversations between clients and tattooers...

What's the 'meaning/story' behind this tattoo....

and

You didn't give me a good tattoo because.....

*Ponders investing in a tattoo removal company now......*

just checked it out thanks for the link, Josh woods has to be the odds on favorite, don't know if he is well known but he looks to be as good as brandon bond in the new school type tattoos.

disclaimer- to my untrained eye

Josh Woods works out of Black 13 Tattoo Parlor in Nashville, Tn. Here's a link to his gallery : gallery meta title*|*Black 13 Tattoo

His style of tattooing is totally not what I'd wear, but I can appreciate the skill it takes to pull off the tattoos he does.

I didn't much care for the show, but then I hate "reality TV" anyway.

Josh Woods works out of Black 13 Tattoo Parlor in Nashville, Tn. Here's a link to his gallery : gallery meta title*|*Black 13 Tattoo

His style of tattooing is totally not what I'd wear, but I can appreciate the skill it takes to pull off the tattoos he does.

I didn't much care for the show, but then I hate "reality TV" anyway.

I agree the tattoos are super clean and everything, but I grew out of the "new skool" style about 8 years ago.

do you think he learned that in japan? which hori taught him that?

Richard said the same thing about the koi before Nunez pointed it out.... Then he said over half of everybody that tattoos NOW don't look at the shit they are doing... Without being PC I think both black dudes should go home then the girls.... Some of those tattoos were down right retarded, and I hope that Oliver makes just about everyone cry. GOOD TIMES!

I'll take a top chef tat show over a reality tattoo shop, at least people won't be like "I know how they do it at that shop Miami Ink, sooo...." And I will say I didn't and don't watch Miami Ink, LA Ink, or the like... If turning the channel and helping ratings will help our friend, fuck it... I am always on the look out for stuff to make haterade out of, or at least a good laugh.

I enjoyed it, will watch again with the hope that al fliction gets binned soon, hes a dick and both his cover up and pig pieces were horrid. too much nu skool and no-outline shit , hoping theyll knock that out of them . and that annoying cover up woman that walked out was a plant.

I watched it too. Stupid! Time restraints for a cover up? Reminds me of chopped. Where the judges judge not on their abilities but on impossible tasks.

The judges are idiots (no offense if they are your friends)

I will not watch this debacle again!

Chopped is one of my favorite tv shows...I thought this ink masters was pretty much the same format... I just watched it and actually enjoyed it. I've never seen the LA ink or the NY ink, so I can't really compare them, but I think Oliver Peck is hilarious, and I'm watching it just to see him in action. That dude cracks me up, and he's one of my favorite tattooers on top of it.

Lol. Ok I had to watch this before making a comment...

1. In the intro where the voice over guys says (in a menacing voice) "... Ten of the worlds top tattooers blah blah blah..." This is clearly flagrant false advertising. (any lawyers on here have any advice on what could be done? haha)

2. That Jeremy dude needs a slap upside the head... and Oliver should give it to him. My limited understanding was that the majority of Japanese tattooers had been tattooing full back pieces with their clients on their stomachs for a rather long time? My bad... lol.

3. I will admit that the best part was the judging. some of those 'tattooers' got rightfully pwned.

Thanks to whoever posted the link so that any non-americans could have a good laugh.

Im glad we don't get this shit in New Zealand.

It's only a matter of time.

It's cheap to make with a tried-and-tested formula. People like to watch it and people LOVE to talk about it. That's why this type of programming has flooded the schedules over the last 5-10 years. Tattoos are just the most recent application of the formula.

Right now, as I type there's a reality/contest show with a wedding theme on the tv, next it's probably cooking or someone's children. Crappy tattoos are the tip of the amoral tv iceberg.

I'm still waiting for The RunningMan to hit the schedules for real.

I'm just left thinking - A conversation about how good something is lasts 5 minutes. A conversation about how bad something is can last hours.