The lettering on Al Fliction's tattoo made me laugh. The entire thing was awful but the lettering really caught my eye in a bad way. I enjoyed seeing the look on his face as they judges told him his work was garbage. Funny that Dave Navarro had a hard on for that tattoo. I was really hoping Oliver would be a little more brutal when judging. Who knows what they cut out I guess.

I am a little shocked at how shallow the talent pool is on this show for contestants. Not that impressed in that respect, but think Oliver and Chris seem to not be cutting them much slack, which is good. I am going to watch a couple more episodes and see how this develops.

I think some of the tattooers are not only well known,but very talented.Shane O'Neill is very well known,and is pretty talented with realistic work.

James Vaughn is another guy who isn't well known to the masses,but does real nice work.His site- MR. JAMES VAUGHN

The dude Tommy who won the cover-up competition owns a shop on Long Island. :::Empire State Tattoo Studio:::

Josh Woods does solid work.I don't like his style,but he's very talented at what he does. Black 13 Tattoo

News.Updates.Rants. I don't like his style either,but he's not a bad tattooer.

Lea does descent work@ astrokeofgeniustattoos.com

That chick Heather used to work at Avalon Tattoo in SD.I remember when she started out her last name was Sutherland.She's been tattooing a long time.But i guess that doesn't mean much.

I never heard of that dude Jeremy.He's into the new school stuff too.His work doesn't look that good.

Regardless of the topic, why must every reality show have some douche who says "I didn't come here to make friends".

I'm going to go on a show. I'm going to say "I totally came here to make a bunch of friends, hopefully have sex with someone, and maybe just maybe not look like a big ol' douche on tv."

Regardless of the topic, why must every reality show have some douche who says "I didn't come here to make friends".

I'm going to go on a show. I'm going to say "I totally came here to make a bunch of friends, hopefully have sex with someone, and maybe just maybe not look like a big ol' douche on tv."

I would love to add "fuck raw talent".....

I think some of the tattooers are not only well known,but very talented.Shane O'Neill is very well known,and is pretty talented with realistic work.

James Vaughn is another guy who isn't well known to the masses,but does real nice work.His site- MR. JAMES VAUGHN

The dude Tommy who won the cover-up competition owns a shop on Long Island. :::Empire State Tattoo Studio:::

Josh Woods does solid work.I don't like his style,but he's very talented at what he does. Black 13 Tattoo

News.Updates.Rants. I don't like his style either,but he's not a bad tattooer.

Lea does descent work@ astrokeofgeniustattoos.com

That chick Heather used to work at Avalon Tattoo in SD.I remember when she started out her last name was Sutherland.She's been tattooing a long time.But i guess that doesn't mean much.

I never heard of that dude Jeremy.He's into the new school stuff too.His work doesn't look that good.

Even before posting my first comment I tried to find everyone's portfolio. I think James Vaughn is the best tattooer on the show in my opinion. Josh, Tommy, Shane stuff is good, but their styles don't do much for me, but yeah they can all put on tattoos. After that it seems to just drop off drastically. I didn't know Heather used to work at Avalon, I really like most of the stuff that comes out of that shop, but the only thing I saw was the two tattoos she did on the show. I guess the biggest bummer is what everyone did in the skull challenge. Probably the weakest skulls I have ever seen tattooed. I am just surprised they chose all new skool and realistic tattooers and no Traditional, Japanese, or Black and Grey (not all of them, just one or two). Plus there are some definite technical issues going on with some contestants.

Every cripple has his own way of walking. I watched the show and while I was neither scandalized or disgusted, uplifted or inspired, I definitely could have spent an hour of my life in a more productive and constructive manner.

If anyone wants to watch a genuinely inspiring, humility inducing, constructively critical and real-er than reality documentary, check out BBC Imagine's Grayson Perry-The Tomb of the Unknown Craftsman.

I also watched a doc. on Netflix recently called Circo, about a small family run Mexican circus, and one called Buck about a horseman. There are so many good documentaries out there about real people living real lives doing something interesting, unusual or unique I wonder why anyone would bother their bollox watching, making or participating in a tattoo reality tv show.

Still, bless 'em, whatever gets them through the day.

Even before posting my first comment I tried to find everyone's portfolio. I think James Vaughn is the best tattooer on the show in my opinion. Josh, Tommy, Shane stuff is good, but their styles don't do much for me, but yeah they can all put on tattoos. After that it seems to just drop off drastically. I didn't know Heather used to work at Avalon, I really like most of the stuff that comes out of that shop, but the only thing I saw was the two tattoos she did on the show. I guess the biggest bummer is what everyone did in the skull challenge. Probably the weakest skulls I have ever seen tattooed. I am just surprised they chose all new skool and realistic tattooers and no Traditional, Japanese, or Black and Grey (not all of them, just one or two). Plus there are some definite technical issues going on with some contestants.

Most of those guy's live on the east coast,and don't do traditional work,so i know what you mean about not knowing them.Your right the quality does go down after those four dudes.Although i think Bili has some talent.Those two black dudes are horrible.That girl Heather's work should be much further along considering she's been tattooing for around 13yrs.This is her site- The Art of Heather Sinn I guess they needed some eye candy on the show.I was thinking the same thing about why there isn't any traditional tattooers on these shows.I guess there might be a code of conduct for some traditional tattooers to not be seen on these stupid soap opera tv shows.

Most of those guy's live on the east coast,and don't do traditional work,so i know what you mean about not knowing them.Your right the quality does go down after those four dudes.Although i think Bili has some talent.Those two black dudes are horrible.That girl Heather's work should be much further along considering she's been tattooing for around 13yrs.This is her site- The Art of Heather Sinn I guess they needed some eye candy on the show.I was thinking the same thing about why there isn't any traditional tattooers on these shows.I guess there might be a code of conduct for some traditional tattooers to not be seen on these stupid soap opera tv shows.

That very well could be true, but I imagine it's probably more an attitude than a code and you would figure at least one guy would take the money. I think they put a couple of bad tattooers on there just so they could shit on them. I think Stewart might have mentioned something about how the conversation lasts a lot longer about something that is bad, vs something that is good.

-+

That very well could be true, but I imagine it's probably more an attitude than a code and you would figure at least one guy would take the money. I think they put a couple of bad tattooers on there just so they could shit on them. I think Stewart might have mentioned something about how the conversation lasts a lot longer about something that is bad, vs something that is good.

-+

Oh yeah; when you're comparing Shane O'neil with... B-tat... somewhere someone had to look at their portfolios and say "wow. B-tat's work looks like it was done by an epileptic colorblind koala bear with one eye missing*". The only reason he was allowed on was as a sacrificial lamb.

*With one eye, the colorblind koala wouldn't have any depth perception. Thats why.. .you know... he doesn't have RAW TALENT.

I'm Shawn, and I'm not here to make any friends.

That's my opinion.

Oh yeah; when you're comparing Shane O'neil with... B-tat... somewhere someone had to look at their portfolios and say "wow. B-tat's work looks like it was done by an epileptic colorblind koala bear with one eye missing*". The only reason he was allowed on was as a sacrificial lamb.

*With one eye, the colorblind koala wouldn't have any depth perception. Thats why.. .you know... he doesn't have RAW TALENT.

I'm Shawn, and I'm not here to make any friends.

That's my opinion.

i would agree with you guys but i feel like you also have to add the fact that they needed that arrogant retard to cause some shit cause its on tv. that guys attitude causes drama and thats what people wanna see besides the tattoos.

Lots of gems on this page.. personally, I like the angel rape backpiece.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7023[/ATTACH]

"One of the top 10 tattoo artists in the country"

Really? which country? Moldavia? Latvia?

(My sincerest apologies in advance to any Moldavian or Latvian board members I may have offended in my attempt at sarcasm).