Thoughts on e2:

Ton Jones isn't "heavily tattooed". He's just heavy.

My fiancee's 81yo Jewish Bubbe used to have the same sunglasses that Chriss Angel... errr.. Navarro is wearing on the car challenge.

Peck calling James "hillbilly" was funny.

Al Fliction's glasses are stupid. As stupid as Al Fliction.

I want to see Peck and Nunez tattoo a pig in a 32* meat locker, pinstripe a car and braid Navarro's hair to match Al's goatee.

I want to eat crawdaddies with James at a hoedown.

I can't believe the producers didn't have a backup for psoriasis guy other than two tons of fun.

I feel bad for having watched another episode.

Um, er, regarding proportionate hydro-propulsion, do you think Nunez is touchy about carp composition because HE did this a few months ago?:

I'm just glad they didn't get Tim Lehi, Mike Rubendall, Mike Roper, Jason Brooks, Filip Leu, Chris Trevino, and Brian Bruno to compete, with Horiyoshi III judging. Those guys fucking suck.

Anyone care to take a stab at how much Peck pulls in per episode? He's the only legitimate aspect of the show. Helluva tattooer. I've only heard good things about him. Nice guy when I met him, briefly. I bet the omnipresent toothpick sits under his tongue, its end barbed like a chastity belt. How else can he keep from crying with laughter?

Anyone care to take a stab at how much Peck pulls in per episode? He's the only legitimate aspect of the show. Helluva tattooer. I've only heard good things about him. Nice guy when I met him, briefly. I bet the omnipresent toothpick sits under his tongue, its end barbed like a chastity belt. How else can he keep from crying with laughter?

I looked it up on IMDB and there are eight episodes a season so my guess is about $5000 an episode plus expenses and residuals for all reruns. Nunez gets $7500, and Navarro gets $20000. I have no idea for sure, but I do know what the guys on Miami Ink got the first season so I am basing my guess on that.

I have not seen the show so I don't know what kind of money they are spending on production, but my guess is very little.

I looked it up on IMDB and there are eight episodes a season so my guess is about $5000 an episode plus expenses and residuals for all reruns. Nunez gets $7500, and Navarro gets $20000. I have no idea for sure, but I do know what the guys on Miami Ink got the first season so I am basing my guess on that.

I have not seen the show so I don't know what kind of money they are spending on production, but my guess is very little.

My only frame of reference on this topic Thomas Morgan told me he pulled $20,000 an episode for that Tattoo Highway show he did, but I believe it was on History Channel. I don't know if it's totally true, but he sunk a lot of money into a huge shop in Portland right after that show was done. $5,000 is nothing turn you nose up at, but doesn't seem like enough for the amount of buzz around this show.

My only frame of reference on this topic Thomas Morgan told me he pulled $20,000 an episode for that Tattoo Highway show he did, but I believe it was on History Channel. I don't know if it's totally true, but he sunk a lot of money into a huge shop in Portland right after that show was done. $5,000 is nothing turn you nose up at, but doesn't seem like enough for the amount of buzz around this show.

Maybe it is way more. I do not have cable, and I haven't seen one thing about the show other than on this forum so I didn't realize that it was being promoted that hard. I did watch a couple of episodes of Tattoo Highway, and I would not have guessed that he made that much an episode. If Olivier is making twenty and episode then Navarro has to be making $100,000.

Maybe it is way more. I do not have cable, and I haven't seen one thing about the show other than on this forum so I didn't realize that it was being promoted that hard. I did watch a couple of episodes of Tattoo Highway, and I would not have guessed that he made that much an episode. If Olivier is making twenty and episode then Navarro has to be making $100,000.

My understanding about the reality is they keep the cost low. I doubt these guys are breaking the bank. Especially in the first season. Good for anyone who figures a way to make money. I used to think those Jersey Shore people were MORONS... Those MORONS are laughing all the way to the bank!!!!

Seriously, Nunez gets more than Peck, just because he was on "Miami Ink?" I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If I got jaded enough with tattooing, and my back and eyes hurt, I'd probably do the same thing as Peck. There will always be zombies. Might as well capitalize. From what I know, Peck's contributed enough to tattooing to justify such reward. Tattooers don't get paid enough, especially really good ones.

Speaking of reality, anyone see Brooks' interview of Lehi in TAM? Nice to read a streamlined interview. Just the facts, ma'am. Both of those guys are absolute elite echelon tattoo artists. They've done their Japanese homework. It shows.

I haven't read the interview yet. I am still marveling at all the pictures. Great Issue.

I just read the rest of the subsequent comments (page 12) . . . $20,000 an episode for "Tattoo Highway?" I never saw it, but I struggle to believe that. Then again, only thing I know about TV is that I watch too much of it.

Like I said I don't know if it's true, it's just what he said, but it was in the context of defending himself for being on that show.

Incidentally- with wordpress, I can track how people get to Occult Vibrations; since Ink Master premiered on the 17th, "Oliver Peck" has moved to the third most searched term that leads people to OV. (first is Occult Vibrations, second is Thomas Hooper)

More people come to OV by searching Peck's name in 12 days than in all of 2011.