It's called Permanent Mark and it's on that Spike tv website, spike.com, they have the full episodes [3] and you can just watch them straight away there. He goes to Borneo, Tokyo and Bangkok. It's not bad and he put a bit of effort into it, trying to show people some tattoo culture and keep it interesting without turning it into some kind of freak show or drama for voyeurs and emotional vampires.

I think it's funny seeing all of the stupid drama they feel the need to throw into the mix. I'll watch it if it's on and I'm sitting down drawing, but not anything I'd go out of my way to watch. But at least they've been tearing the contestants up for all of their errors. American Idol tells all of their contestants how good they are when 9 out of 10 of them suck.

I only saw one episode, when he goes to get some tebori done, and it was mostly "look how drunk I'm getting!" and then 5 minutes of tattooing at the very end of the show.

Maybe it was just that one episode, but after that I was completely disinterested.

Permanent Mark's show was way better than this but hardly anyone was talking about that.

I only saw one episode, when he goes to get some tebori done, and it was mostly "look how drunk I'm getting!" and then 5 minutes of tattooing at the very end of the show.

Maybe it was just that one episode, but after that I was completely disinterested.

the tattoo he got though was fucking amazing. PM is here in town and I asked to see the tattoo he got, it's spectacular and for being 100% hand poked it puts many machine tattoos I've seen to shame...

the tattoo he got though was fucking amazing. PM is here in town and I asked to see the tattoo he got, it's spectacular and for being 100% hand poked it puts many machine tattoos I've seen to shame...

I completely agree. Hand poke outline even. Was truly interesting to see. But to sit through 25 minutes of "look at the gangsters I'm broing down with" and "whoa I'm so hungover" was pretty difficult.

That tattoo was pretty cool. Hearing the skin pop was pretty cool. I guess what it comes down to for me is at the end of the show he gets a tattoo I would wear myself. I didn't think episodes really provided that for me. It was interesting in kind of the same way a national geographic special would be (informative), but didn't make me want to rush out and let some Borneo headhunters tattoo me. Still I think the idea is cool and it sure seems to be his thing and getting paid for it is never a bad thing.

Ha b-tat's work sucked but at least he didn't go on uneducated rants that shows his ignorance of traditional tattooing, or essentially write his name on some dude

Yeah, Bili let me down with that clock stunt. he does some things very well though. Lea is probably past her shelf life too. Shane is a bad ass and seems a bit more versatile than The others. And I love his comment about having done "the fucking most precise shit you ever saw on a knee!". I dont care what anyone says, that double outline beveled star he did was better than anyones!

I am thinking they must be getting into some Japanese by now...maybe tonight. And this will be something James Vaughn will have an advantage in...

Ha b-tat's work sucked but at least he didn't go on uneducated rants that shows his ignorance of traditional tattooing, or essentially write his name on some dude

I think it went pretty close to right. B tat and Jeremy clearly had major technical flaws and that even being a nice guy can't correct. Bili and Al both equally gigantic douchebags but Bili can at least tattoo in his own specialized style (which I have no use for), Al just sucks all around so he had to go first. If it was just a douchebag contest it might have went down different. So Bili probably should have gone next, but Heather did such horrible tattoos in general, but especially the firehat and bought one more week for him. Leah and Bili both didn't do very well in the traditional challenge, but Leah had two strong tattoos in a row and i think has shown much more versatility in style,but ultimately will probably go next unless someone really screws up a challenge.

Yeah, Bili let me down with that clock stunt. he does some things very well though. Lea is probably past her shelf life too. Shane is a bad ass and seems a bit more versatile than The others. And I love his comment about having done "the fucking most precise shit you ever saw on a knee!". I dont care what anyone says, that double outline beveled star he did was better than anyones!

I am thinking they must be getting into some Japanese by now...maybe tonight. And this will be something James Vaughn will have an advantage in...

Watch the episode again. The line work on Shane's tattoo was wobbely