I just spoke to a guy that started his Japanese half sleeve at Elm street tattoo. The first thing he mentioned was that the owner was a judge on Ink masters, but he couldnt get in with him( I know @Oliverpecker for foot panther and travesty back piece and all around solid traditional tattoos) . This guy has a few random small script tattoos so I am happy that the show got him to go to a good shop. Chances are if he just picked a shop in Oklahoma he would not have gotten a solid tattoo. There are some solid tattooers here but the average customer would be lucky to happen upon them.

Translated, "I'm going to be a confrontational, attention-craving ass-hole."

Ha! My wife just finished filling out an on-line application for one of those cooking competition shows, and we had fun making up (but not submitting) fake answers that we thought might improve her chance at being selected - those that would evoke drama and crisis! You know that's exactly what they are looking for . . .

"Not a fan of traditional styles because to her they don’t look realistic enough, Sarah specializes in portraits and pin-ups."

Yeah, they look like tattoos- go figure :rolleyes:

Right? Seeing as how my fiance and I are both suckers for terrible reality television and I really enjoy Oliver Peck, we'll definitely be watching the second season of this shitshow. I was genuinely hoping that there would be more traditional tattooers this season though.

I think my favorite piece from the bios was "Though he may ink others for a living, Jamie himself has only one tattoo, a black light piece located on the side of his neck." They managed to pack so many things I hate into just one sentence.

Right? Seeing as how my fiance and I are both suckers for terrible reality television and I really enjoy Oliver Peck, we'll definitely be watching the second season of this shitshow. I was genuinely hoping that there would be more traditional tattooers this season though.

I think my favorite piece from the bios was "Though he may ink others for a living, Jamie himself has only one tattoo, a black light piece located on the side of his neck." They managed to pack so many things I hate into just one sentence.

Might as well gotten an all white star on his foot.

oh, big surprises in store people...Jesse Smith wins....call me psychic. I know the competition looks tough ( rolls eyes ) ....and I dont even like "new school" but I won't deny talent. This whole thing seems like a rigged competition in order to be a drawn out TV commercial for the 1 dude with true skills.

These shows are bad news for ethical tattooist who actually care about the industry.

terrible. I can't even express how miserable this whole thing is.

If the show was loaded with awesome artist, I would be singing a different tune. But, well, I suppose it is like hoping to see a real life unicorn...it just is not gonna happen.

Sorry if I offend anyone, not my intention....getting people to be more critical of bad tattooing and ethical tattooing IS my intention. These shows cheapen the whole thing by putting bone-head hacks on a pedestal and calling them "worlds best"....

oh, big surprises in store people...Jesse Smith wins....call me psychic. I know the competition looks tough ( rolls eyes ) ....and I dont even like "new school" but I won't deny talent. This whole thing seems like a rigged competition in order to be a drawn out TV commercial for the 1 dude with true skills.

These shows are bad news for ethical tattooist who actually care about the industry.

terrible. I can't even express how miserable this whole thing is.

If the show was loaded with awesome artist, I would be singing a different tune. But, well, I suppose it is like hoping to see a real life unicorn...it just is not gonna happen.

Sorry if I offend anyone, not my intention....getting people to be more critical of bad tattooing and ethical tattooing IS my intention. These shows cheapen the whole thing by putting bone-head hacks on a pedestal and calling them "worlds best"....

I feel kind of bad for the people getting tattooed, although they should know what they are getting in to. I wouldn't care who was tattooing me for free; I don't want someone rushing through it to beat a clock. I want the artist's best work and I don't care how long it takes.

I know there's a lot of hate out there for tattoo-related reality shows (and reality shows in general), but the wife and I quite enjoyed watching INK MASTERS and will no doubt tune in for Season Two. BEST INK is kinda lame in comparison -- mostly because of the terrible host they hired. They need to replace her with Margaret Cho -- or somebody who actually knows something about tattoos and isn't super-annoying.

I know there's a lot of hate out there for tattoo-related reality shows (and reality shows in general), but the wife and I quite enjoyed watching INK MASTERS and will no doubt tune in for Season Two. BEST INK is kinda lame in comparison -- mostly because of the terrible host they hired. They need to replace her with Margaret Cho -- or somebody who actually knows something about tattoos and isn't super-annoying.

My wife and I too watch both shows like clock work. I think we tune in for the attitudes and the train-wreck tattooing.

On a side side I can't help but feel disappointed that both Oliver and Joe, respectively, lent their names to these shows. I feel that people, who don't deserve to know these two, now do. Don't get me wrong, both of these gentleman need to be house hold names, but not like this! Not because of these drama hyped shows, where the majority of the viewers tune in because of the "Soap Opera" and not the "art". Yes, "ART". Forget Nunez. He sold his soul a long time ago. But Oliver and Joe are two of the guys in our industry, I feel, better left famous in the inner circles and within the craft.

And before anyone fires back with "Money is Money". Its been duly noted, and to be frank, I would do the same thing in a heartbeat.

We don't watch it for the drama or imagine it to be "reality" but I think that since we are not in the industry and we don't get to be around tattoos all the time, we just enjoy watching tattoos being made. I love Gypsy Gentleman and Tattoo Age--wish those were the shows on TV. But we are just junkies for anything tattoo-related I guess. Except tattoo school...it's just 100% unwatchable. At least all the other shows had occasional good tattoos and sometimes accurate commentary, and yes, Oliver Peck is entertaining and cool. The worst thing about Ink Master type shows to me is the stupid "teasers" and how they re-play certain scenes again and again as if they are that interesting. I would prefer to see more close up shots of the tattoos.