He had a very pained look on his face. I think he was definately expecting something (anything) better.

Much like the rest of us . . .

That episode was really painful to watch. I just don't get how some of these people on this show keep saying, "Well, you're not seeing my best" when clearly they're incapable of listening and taking in criticism and putting that feedback into their work. Poor Rubendall, I bet he still has nightmares from this experience. Wtf at that dragon!

I hope they are providing free lazer removal! I can't believe they kept letting those knuckleheads pollute peoples skin with that crap.

Yeah but people presumably saw the tattoos from season one and still wanted to be on the show so basically everybody involved is a knucklehead.

Jesse has some sort of chest tattoo that tries to make it into daylight when he has a few undone buttons, and i think something on the bottom of his chin. if i recall he has a couple on his legs as well. but, i do agree that at this point, he should have found someone who's style he enjoys enough to get some more done.

also, did Jamie say he had been tattooing for 17 years? he looks like that would have made him an 8 year old tattooer at one point.

Jesse has some sort of chest tattoo that tries to make it into daylight when he has a few undone buttons, and i think something on the bottom of his chin. if i recall he has a couple on his legs as well. but, i do agree that at this point, he should have found someone who's style he enjoys enough to get some more done.

also, did Jamie say he had been tattooing for 17 years? he looks like that would have made him an 8 year old tattooer at one point.

I thought the same thing, that guy looks like he is 30 max.

when watching the few episodes that i've watched, i was blown away how many of these chumps had so little tattoos. i couldn't believe it. how the hell can you be a tattooer and not have a bunch of tattoos? makes absolutely no sense to me. it's like a hitting coach trying to teach someone to bat that's never made it to the majors.

Could be clever editing, but I see an overwhelming theme of arrogance portrayed. I get the feeling from some that what happened it tattooing before them didn't matter because their art just blows it out of the water. No regards to fundamentals even though poor execution seems to be the theme week after week.

I felt like Jesse started to get it last week when he did a traditional japanese tattoo, it was the first time someone really acknowledged that it wasn't really about them and their ego or style, it was about showing how well rounded you are as a tattooer. Then this week he started listening to the peanut gallery and now he is disappointed for selling out.

The same thing goes for the whole "get some tattoos" conversation. The excuses are bull shit, if you have worked in a shop for 17 years and haven't got a tattoo, you aren't going to start doing it next week. It was just a way to placate the judges and it didn't work. It's a lot easier to convince yourself getting a tattoo is a good idea when you are young. Plus at this point why bother, I would trust a tattooer with 17 years experience that just start getting tattooed last week about as much as I would trust someone without them.

In conclusion I don't think they could have gotten a worse representation of tattooers if they set out with the intent to do so.